Author Topic: Hand-carved arm guard up for trade  (Read 1790 times)

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
Hand-carved arm guard up for trade
« on: April 03, 2011, 10:33:09 pm »
Hey guys,

I thought I was going to keep the "Chief" arm guard that I made for myself, but am already working on another one :)  I got the carving bug bad too I guess.

I would consider trading it if anyone is interested.  Some things I am looking for are: 2 blade broadheads, knapped hunting points, osage, sinew, or whatever else you have to offer.

I must state that this was made to fit my forearm, which is roughly 7 inches at the wrist and 14" toward the elbow.

Offline gstoneberg

Re: Hand-carved arm guard up for trade
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 12:16:38 am »
Cameroo, if this is still available (and it is exquisite), I have a reasonably straight osage belly sister stave that will be borer free.  Here's a picture of that stave, it is the one on the right in this picture.  The stave is 7' long so the crooked ends can be removed.  That stave in the center has very nice reflex on the near end, but it will have borers in it.  The one on the left is nice and straight, but there's a check in it that one that I don't like.  I have lots of other staves, but none quite as straight as these.  I also have quite a bit of sinew, 5 Texas deer worth from last year, both back strap and leg.  Admittedly, they are smaller than northern deer and so is the sinew.

George

St Paul, TX

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 02:19:18 am »
Awesome armgaurd. If I wasn't so attached to mine, I'd be all over it! Excellent work.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 09:57:28 am »
A deal has been made on this.  Thanks everyone.