Author Topic: 3 cased sets / 2 Ojibwe and 1 Odawa (not for bom) closeup and bow pics adde  (Read 20926 times)

Offline half eye

Re: 3 cased sets / 2 Ojibwe and 1 Odawa (not for bom)
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2011, 06:31:41 pm »
here is the Shawnee plus a shot of the 3 bows grip areas.

Offline half eye

Re: 3 cased sets / 2 Ojibwe and 1 Odawa (not for bom)
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2011, 06:35:11 pm »
Here is the Odawa (Ottawa).....the arrow in the photos of the shawnee and the ottawa has 24" of useable shaft and the arrow in the Ojibwe bow has 28" of useable shaft FYI

Offline half eye

Guess I should have looked at the draw pics better before I posted, eh? I'm proud to report that I have fixed that nasty stiff upper limb on the Shawnee bow ::) at least it's round now.....
rich

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
They all look great rich I didnt even catch that but I guess I wasnt looking for any imperfections  ;D Nicely done once again
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
 Beautiful work. You are a Craftsman and an Artist. Thanks for the showing !  '  Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline RyanY

Those are some seriously awesome sets. Looks like they belong in a museum. Thanks for sharing with us.

Offline half eye

Thank you guys....next project is to make a set of matched arrows for @ cased set, if I can find all my arrow stuff  :D thinks it somewhere underneath all the bow sawdust ::)
rich

Offline Ifrit617

Incredibly beautiful work as always ... Your bows are truly inspiring... I love the tips on the darker bow that kinda look like oak leaves, I have to try something like that sometime.

Offline Markus

Outstanding work, me want to see bows.  Markus.

Offline n2huntn

• jeff_smith13@hotmail.com ROLL TIDE !
These are the kind of works that got me to buy my first copy of PA years ago , and are what I expect to see today from a magazine or forum with the word PRIMITIVE in the title.Outstanding work , you are a living museum for the Great Lakes bows. My hats off to you sir,
Jeff
Genesis 27: 3

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
Fantastic work Rich!!! Not much else to say...simply fantastic.
Rockford, MI

Offline half eye

Thanks again to all of you for the very kind comments.....but special to wildman for the fur and tomahawk, and tattoo dave for his very fine leather that was used for two of the bandoliers, you two made it a whole easier, thanks
rich

Offline toomanyknots

Ha, I was waiting for you to bring those guys out of their case, beautiful bows. Beautiful work.
"The way of heaven is like the bending of a bow-
 the upper part is pressed down,
 the lower part is raised up,
 the part that has too much is reduced,
 the part that has too little is increased."

- Tao Te Ching, 77, A new translation by Victor H. Mair

Offline hillbilly61

• Fly straight and true
These are the kind of works that got me to buy my first copy of PA years ago , and are what I expect to see today from a magazine or forum with the word PRIMITIVE in the title.Outstanding work , you are a living museum for the Great Lakes bows. My hats off to you sir,
Jeff

Truely insperational
I will say of the Lord,"He is my refuge and my fortress;
  My God, in Him I will trust."  Psalm 91:2

Offline hammertime

• no shoes no shirt, no problems
Argree with n2huntn,very cool sets,looks awesome on the wall or sneakin through woods-Hammertime