Author Topic: Todays  (Read 1588 times)

Offline Tower

Todays
« on: April 01, 2011, 06:02:29 pm »
Broke a few today. About the only thing that seemed to turnout was this point. It's a white  Material comes from Central TX. Lampasas co. From an ancient quarry. I picked up a few spalls they had left behind. It knaps like candy.No heat needed. There's huge middens about 1/4 mile away on salt creek.This was the primary stone used at this site. I have also found numerous points there over the years. Next time I go back up home I'm going to gather more.
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

JustinNC

Re: Todays
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 06:25:20 pm »
 :o

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 07:42:44 pm »
Thats a nice one! I was begining to worry about you hadnt seen a point in a day or so ;D
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 08:02:16 pm »
Another purdy one Tower! Broke a couple today myself :(. Next time i'm out around Lampasas i may have to give you a holler..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 11:41:26 pm »
thats a good one. that material is beautiful
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline Tower

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 01:00:47 pm »
Cowboy I've a house & some land in Lometa TX in Lampasas co. but I live in Wharton co. south west of Houston. When I go back there I usually get with my brother & cousin and do a little knappin. Your more than welcome to come.
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline bryan irwin

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 02:27:29 pm »
thats's a nice one i like the looks of that rock.
bryan irwin

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2011, 11:44:43 pm »
I'd be more than happy to set in. Missing the Classic this year - I need to get with some knappers ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2011, 09:57:53 pm »
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr