Author Topic: Finally got ahold of some Obs.  (Read 1552 times)

Offline Mark Anderson

• Mark Anderson Buckie, Scotland
Finally got ahold of some Obs.
« on: March 29, 2011, 01:21:46 pm »
Well my younger brother (maddog314 on this forum) gave me two (yes just two!!!) flakes of some obsidian, so last night while I was heat treating a bow I decided to get it out and see what i could do with it. Cahokias are probably my all time favorite point and since I had never tried one I thought I might with this. It snapped the tip as I was trying to thin it more so it came in a little short. I also don't have anything good yet for narrow notching so they are a bit wide.
I love working with this stuff! sure beats glass and porcelain floor tiles.
"Mommy some guys just don't know how to shoot REAL bows so they have to buy them, probably at Walmart and they have wheels on them."  Caedmon Anderson (4yrs)

Offline Tower

Re: Finally got ahold of some Obs.
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 02:32:40 pm »
Looks good to me.
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 03:16:02 pm »
Nice job that looks good!
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 04:12:38 pm »
Yep, ain't nothin wrong with that..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline maddog314

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 05:53:05 pm »
Sweet. DID YOU GET ANY OF THE SLAG THAT DAD BROUGHT BACK FROM THE RANCH?I had Ben get some If you did not get any I will save some for you. I talked to uncle Tom and hopefully he will point Dan in the right direction for some agate.