Author Topic: No Arrowheads!  (Read 2081 times)

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
No Arrowheads!
« on: March 22, 2011, 03:36:51 pm »
Just got back from a weeks holiday in Malta slap in the middle of the Mediteranean.
Some of the worlds oldest and biggest Neolithic sites...
But in the museum not a single arrowhead! Flint artefacts but not a single arrowhead!!!
Strange, I shall have to read further... but it's hard to investigate something which is absent!
Dunno if this is relevant/interesting or not...
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline Tower

Re: No Arrowheads!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 04:53:02 pm »
I guess it's all up to what some people feel are important & whats not. I was disappointed with the Houston museum not many flint artifacts from Texas. Some from Meso America were outstanding but they only had about 25 or 30 from here. I went to the Panhandle-Plains Museum in Canyon Tx. I was not disappointed in what it had. Fantastic displays of native ( Alibates) stone. From paleo - historical . Guess thats what I find to be important. To know where we came from at one time or another.
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline jturkey

• I wouldn't make it a habit calling me that!
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 11:52:19 am »
del when i was in the navy i went to malta but i was not into the museum thing back then lol. bt loved the history of the place. hope you had fun.
doc

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 05:25:50 am »
Yeah we had heaps of fun.
@ Tower. I think you've got the wrong end of the stick. I think there were no arrow heads found on the island... not that there were undsiplayed arrow heads.
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.