Author Topic: First self bow shot at a pig  (Read 6771 times)

Offline gstoneberg

Re: First self bow shot at a pig
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2011, 01:13:33 am »
Sure, last year I hunted hogs every month that wasn't deer season.  June is by far the best summer month.  The nights are still a little cooler in June.  In July and August it's hot at night and HOTTER in the day.  It's easy to lose the meat if you don't find the animal pronto.  Normally I use firearms through the summer for that reason, especially if I'm alone.  However, once I get some primitive arrows done I'm going to be very serious about going after the pigs with my longbow.  Feel free to join me.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2011, 01:21:45 am »
Hey George I want to come too if HillBilly gets to:)
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2011, 01:27:57 am »
It's fine with me if it's OK with him.  The only thing better than 2 primitive bowhunters on a hunt is 3! ;D ;D ;D  We have 4 feeders running.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline hillbilly61

• Fly straight and true
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2011, 08:57:36 am »
Ya might be carefull George. About 10 years ago, I invited someone to go pig hunting here in Alabama. Ended up with about 15 guys. It became an annuall thing for a few years. We called it "The Alabama Ham Jam" ;D
   criveraville ...If you want to try and make plans for a trip, I'll see what my scheduale looks like. PM me
I will say of the Lord,"He is my refuge and my fortress;
  My God, in Him I will trust."  Psalm 91:2

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2011, 10:09:52 am »
Yea, the danger is they invite their brother and he invites his boss who invites his cousin and he never goes anywhere without bubba...  If we had more property to hunt it'd be fine with me though.  Our traditional club in Nebraska came down to Texas on a hog hunt years ago, it's when I caught the hog bug real bad.  Great time.

George
St Paul, TX