Author Topic: bow quiver for my new bow  (Read 1927 times)

Offline aero86

bow quiver for my new bow
« on: March 27, 2011, 02:00:50 am »
so, i wanted a bow quiver for my new kaya khan bow.  i posted a WTB in the forsale section of another site, someone said i should try to make my own, so i did!  i saw one where the bow quiver was squared and sewn together.  so i was like hey, maybe i have some cardboard around here somewhere.  but i couldnt find any..  blah!!  but then i remember ive got something that would work perfect for it!  keep in mind, i plan to cover it.. with something.. i do need ideas for a cover.  also, i took a hip quiver that is actually for a lefty, that i modified to function as a korean style arrow quiver.

anyways, so here are the UNFINIShed pics! lol  how yall enjoy the work.  i think it works perfect since the thickness was just right

profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Re: bow quiver for my new bow
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 01:45:01 am »
Grasshopper it looks like a dandy 8)
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 08:25:10 pm »
You can glue some tanned hides to cover it
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline aero86

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 01:24:40 am »
thats what i was planning to do.  think i might cover it with leather..
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 11:00:44 am »
That looks like a good design!  I have a lot of black colored elephant hide that would work well.  If you cut a strap wide enough to make the bend and glue or sew it in the inside to give the bend strength it would make an excellent quiver for your new bow without the liner.  Would be glad to send you some hide as soon as you figure out some rough deminsions with no trade strings attached.  Free!! The elephant hide was given to me and it is lite weight and durable.   Would enclose the dozen trade points in as well.  They are lying on my work table and every time I come by it makes me feel like whale dung.  Please accept my offer.  My phone number is 307-868-2143 if you would want to call and talk about building such a quiver!  A/Ho Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight