Author Topic: Look at the mountains between the storms  (Read 5372 times)

Offline Keenan

Look at the mountains between the storms
« on: March 27, 2011, 02:00:40 am »
Got some nice shots of the mountains between the storms. Sure makes a guy want to go for a stroll in the wilderness. I love having pics like these for the desktop background in the summer. ;)

Offline Timo

Re: Look at the mountains between the storms
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 02:07:21 am »
looks pretty .."unforgiving" up there? Nice pics.

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 02:34:00 am »
Keenan do you know the peaks names, just wondering? beautiful pics the mtn look like hear in western wa. as well. nothing like a scenic pic of snowy mtn tops and green below. great pictures and thanks for posting
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline stickbender

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 04:17:09 am »

Beautiful!  Looks like some extreme skiing there also! :o 8)  Looks like some of the Alps, when I was in the Military. ;)
I am going back out to Montana, in April, and will try to get back over to see Emory, and Cecil again.  I need to get some more rock.
I hope I can get him to go with me to Glass Buttes, to show me where to dig some up.   ;)  I hope your back is doing better.  By the way that was me on the Phone the other night, not Chris..... ;D  So what did you decide to do with those Goat horns?  I went to the Pow Wow today, and didn't see any of the horns, just one Kudu horn, and you could buy two or three for the price they wanted for it. ::)

Wayne

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 08:03:02 am »
that my friend is beautiful.
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline John K

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 11:42:20 am »
Thanks for sharing Keenan, AWESOME !
The only way to fail is to never start !

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2011, 11:52:40 am »
Wow those are some pretty pics
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline Keenan

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2011, 01:07:50 pm »
Wayne that is funny, I didn't have my glasses on and stickbender looks just like stickandstrings,,,LOl  No wonder you seemed confused, or maybe I was the one that was confused. :D

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2011, 01:19:18 pm »
Is that the "Sisters" in your pics Keenan? Thanks for stirring my memories of your beautiful area. I'd love to see it all first hand in it's winter beauty. Early Sept was quite beautiful but only the very tops might have had snow at that time.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Keenan

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2011, 01:39:44 pm »
Glad you all like them. I have often got some great background pics for this site and a few others and thought I'd give back a little.

The first pic is the North Sister with the Middle Sister in the clouds, Then Broken top followed by two of Mt. Washington, then the last is Three Finger Jack.

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2011, 02:46:53 pm »
A bit of Ansel there in color. Makes me think of Frost lines, "The woods are are lovely dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep. And miles to go before I sleep. And miles to go before I sleep."

I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2011, 03:06:58 pm »

Careful Cipriano, that was the code phrase for the Russian sleeper cells here in the U.S. in the Movie, with Charles Bronson, and I think his Wife, with Donald Pleasance as the rogue Russian agent who was contacting the sleepers, and giving them the code phrase.
They had "drug induced hypnosis" and were programmed to hit certain sites in the U.S. but the the sites became obsolete, and they were trying to eliminate the sleeper cells, before Donald Pleasance could contact them.  He had stolen a book with the U.S. names, and Russian names, and their locations.  I think it was called telephone or something like that.  But Charles Bronson, was the Russian Agent, and I think it was his Wife, who played the U.S. Agent, were trying to stop Donald Pleasance, and then after they stopped him, they stayed together, and ignored both sides for controll of the book.  Anywho, that was the code phrase used to activate these sleeper cells.  I never did care for Robert Frost, as a Kid.  We had to listen to tapes of him reading some of his poems.  Maybe it was his voice, but I immediately did not like his poems. :P

Wayne

Offline Bevan R.

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2011, 03:08:15 pm »
Was not his wife in that moveie.

Bevan R
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline Blacktail

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2011, 11:34:05 pm »
keenan,why are you showing every one where the big bulls are at.. ;D :D ;)

HatchA

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2011, 11:41:34 pm »
Stunning scenery, great photography!