Author Topic: white ash build along (finally done( this time for real))  (Read 60698 times)

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
Re: white ash build along
« Reply #90 on: April 21, 2011, 01:01:51 am »
ok, good to know, now to find my nock cutting file, i swear i saw it a few days ago ???
noel
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

Offline fishfinder401

« Reply #91 on: April 28, 2011, 10:29:43 pm »
ok, bought a new file, shaped the nocks and i just put on the glue ;D
ill hopefully have pics of  it braced tomorrow when it is dried
thanks for looking
noel

Offline fishfinder401

« Reply #92 on: April 29, 2011, 12:47:21 am »
 >:( by now the tips had enough time for the epoxie i used to set so i went to check how they looked >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( one of them looked like it wasn't on all the way, so i looked and sure enough, for some reason is scooted down around an eighth of an inch, luckily it wasn't completely dry so i could pull it off but this means i have to clean the tip, get out the epoxy and re epoxy it. i was really looking forward to bracing it tomorrow but it looks like that may not happen
noel

Offline fishfinder401

« Reply #93 on: May 01, 2011, 01:19:12 am »
ok, sorry for the delay, but hear in order is the top nock, bottom and most of the bow in comparison to an 8ft fishing rod i jsut recently completed( pats self on back ::))
i stilll havent strung it yet becasue i am a little nervous stringing for a first time ;) but once i do ill show
by the way would a maple backed oak combo work for a d belly warbow of around 80lbs, my brother wants to get back into archery and im going to build him one
thanks for looking
noel

Offline Ian.

« Reply #94 on: May 01, 2011, 01:42:54 pm »
That's looking good, after all this we do need some full draw pictures, what is the weight?
ALways happy to help anyone get into heavy weight archery: https://www.facebook.com/bostonwarbowsbows/

Offline fishfinder401

« Reply #95 on: May 01, 2011, 02:46:54 pm »
That's looking good, after all this we do need some full draw pictures, what is the weight?
right now i think two high ;), im having a hard time stringing so i will take some weight off it today so i can hopefully give you the weight and full draw
thanks
noel

Offline adb

« Reply #96 on: May 01, 2011, 02:57:38 pm »
Are you using FF string?

Offline fishfinder401

« Reply #97 on: May 01, 2011, 04:26:59 pm »
Are you using FF string?
i wish, right now its just a string made of nylon thread i have, it usually works well but i think once i get a little money ill get some D97, looks pretty good and allot cheaper than ff, just wish basspro sold it, i have 75 in gift cards
thanks
noel

Offline RyanY

« Reply #98 on: May 01, 2011, 04:53:10 pm »
Nylon stretches way too much to be used as a bow string. Especially on a warbow. I use B-50 for my bows and used it for the last warbow I built and it stretched a lot before it settled in. I'd suggest trying to get a better material than nylon. A spool of B-50 shouldn't run you more than 10 bucks and just go with a few more strands.

Offline fishfinder401

« Reply #99 on: May 01, 2011, 04:57:58 pm »
ya, im realizing the amount of stretch with this bow, which would be better, D97 or B50
thanks
noel

Offline Ian.

« Reply #100 on: May 01, 2011, 07:09:00 pm »
B50 isn't a warbow string, you need FF depends on the weight as to how many strands 18/20 normally
a 2nd option would be d75 but I don't know how much that costs.
ALways happy to help anyone get into heavy weight archery: https://www.facebook.com/bostonwarbowsbows/

Offline fishfinder401

« Reply #101 on: May 01, 2011, 08:06:31 pm »
i might just have to say goodbye to my money and get some ff :'(, it will be worth it, i hope :-\
as you can tell im very cheep
thanks
noel

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #102 on: May 02, 2011, 01:27:38 am »
right now i think two high ;), im having a hard time stringing so i will take some weight off it today so i can hopefully give you the weight and full draw
thanks
noel

Noel have you tillered the bow to full draw? The reason I ask is because you said once you get some weight off you will get it stringed and give the full draw? How are you trying to string the bow?. Did I miss tillering after you got the bow on a short string? Or are you still trying to get it on the short string for tillering? Sorry I was just confused I thought maybe I missed something or part of the build ???

Josh
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline fishfinder401

« Reply #103 on: May 02, 2011, 06:00:49 pm »
don't worry you didn't miss something, when i said i was going to do those things i didn't mean all at once, i am going to take some weight off, tiller on a short string then hopefully get the full draw pics. the way i am stringing is by the double nocks i carved into the horn
sorry for the confusion
noel

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #104 on: May 02, 2011, 06:07:45 pm »
Ill say it again im not worried sorry I keep coming across to you that way, I was just curious thanks
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)