Author Topic: Finally built a shooter!  (Read 18617 times)

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
Re: Finally built a shooter!
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2007, 10:27:31 am »
Wow!! Compliments comming in from coast to coast and all in between overnight! I really appreciate you guys - inspiration piled on top of inspiration, ya'll know that's going to cause me to build another one, and another, and........ :)

Sorry Justin, me and you were posting at the same moment: I'm thinking she needs to bend a little more around the fades. The paint job I noticed in the last PA magazine and kinda took a liking to.
 Hey Sparky - man I knew you were lurking around out there, prechiate the hands on help at OJAM! that kinda gave me a kick start even though I screwed up that peice of Osage.
  All you other bow building veteran's - thanks!
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline cowboy

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2007, 10:39:04 am »
Hey Sean - oops, I see what your saying. Thanks -  thought I was measuring from the back, see there it's performance has already improved as if by magic ;D, It keeps that set always.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline tom sawyer

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2007, 10:53:30 am »
Good looking bow, you did good with the hickory.

Nice blue agave too, wish I could grow mine outside.
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline OldBow

• I'm just an old retired biology teacher.
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2007, 01:50:53 pm »
You've made a dandy...from your own "kilt wood, no less" We'll look at it again May 31 for May Self Bow of the Month.
When you're retired, every day is Saturday

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2007, 02:37:58 pm »
I like it! Nice job Cowboy.

PS: The obsidian was delayed again but its still comming! Sorry!!!
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2007, 06:08:27 pm »
    You are jam up on that one Cowboy,fine job.I like the design on it too..
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2007, 06:56:19 pm »
Nice job, Cowboy. I like it. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2007, 07:57:55 pm »
Congrat from Michigan cowboy, looks like a winner.
VB

Roger

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2007, 08:50:03 pm »
Hey Bud...the pleasure was all mine! I wish we would have had more time. You need to come over to the house if I ever get home...LOL We'll get you a piece of Osage whipped into shape in no time.
  Give me a call and we'll talk arrow rests and strike plates....

BTW...you guys ought to see this guys stone points...Ooo Wee....the guys got skills!

R
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 08:54:32 pm by Roger »

Offline cowboy

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2007, 10:12:01 pm »
Man I can't wait to get another one finished so I can soak some more of this up - it's like high five's all around!  ;D  ;D
  Thank's Lennie, David, Eddie, Venisonburger!!! Oldbow, ya know I wasn't even thinking about that just wanted to show my wares (well maybe a little ;D) maybe I'll call it the self kilt bow, ha ha. Jawge - man I've seen you make a lot of comments about a little more bend around the fades so I've been paying particular attention to that area (sometimes I hear voices - naw ;D) but if you like - I sure like it, will shoot for bout the same on the next no bendy handle.
  Man Sparky - I'll be hooking up with ya. Git on back home. 

DBernier

« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2007, 10:40:38 pm »
Nice job Cowboy. Justice to a piece of NC wood. Let me know if you are ever in the area again.

Dick Bernier
Mebane NC

Offline jpitts

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2007, 12:16:46 am »
Great job Cowboy, It's beautiful. Is that a Aloe plant behind you? Yep them Rode-Iller Reds (Rhode Island Red's) give x-large brown eggs....mix'em with cheese and some bacon....mmmmmmm......I couldn't go bare foot growing up because of them things...LOL's...but loved those eggs
Jimmy / Dallas, Georgia

Offline cowboy

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2007, 12:31:51 am »
Yessir Dick! will do - I'd love to get back with you and Vinson sometime. That's actually a Century plant in the garden, they look a lot like aloe, and agave, and yucca, and others - never have gotten an answer on where they get their name though. Yalper great big ole cholesterol filled brown eggs, he he. But I love em, got lots of Rhode Island reds but that's a sex link - they can be sexed when they hatch by their color  :-\.

Offline Little John

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2007, 12:55:52 am »
Beautiful bow and love the cactus garden also.  Pretty bending piece opf wood.    Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2007, 01:20:18 am »
Hey Paul, the Century Plant is an Agave. It gets it's name because it blooms after 100 years(MOL) then dies. Usually it puts out "pups" that you can transplant elsewhere.     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC