Main Discussion Area > Arrows

"Summer Stalker" Arrows

<< < (2/10) > >>

Dustybaer:
very well done, kegan.  they got the look.   ;D

Kegan:

--- Quote from: Minuteman on May 28, 2007, 10:22:20 pm ---Kegan are those some of the stuff I sent you? They look purty mean fer sure!
 Make sure you seal 'em with some fat or wax or something they will dry out too much if you don't.
 Describe the fletching method for me. Split the shaft and insert the feather?
 Chris

--- End quote ---

Yup- those are the ones you sent me :). I'll make sure to seal them- got a few more made up last night.

As for the fletchings- you trin off any quill not holding on the "hairs" and smash the rest of the quill as flat as possible. Split the shaft and tuck the feather in. Tie it all up and cut the nock perpendicular to the split- works like a charm outta a heavy arrow or lighter bow out to 20 yards. Easy to make too ;D!

Thanks everyone!

Little John:
Cool arrows, how do they shoot, the only seminole one fletch I have made shot poorly and I have yet to figure out why.     Kenneth

Kegan:

--- Quote from: Little John on May 30, 2007, 12:53:43 am ---Cool arrows, how do they shoot, the only seminole one fletch I have made shot poorly and I have yet to figure out why.     Kenneth

--- End quote ---

The method i tricky to get to work outta all bows and on all arrows. The arow need be heavier than you normally would use for that bow. They don't spin the shaft, simply guide it like a dart. Try making them longer and heavier- worked for me several times.

Coo-wah-chobee:
             Wing feathers spin the shaft.bob

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version