Author Topic: Message from Home  (Read 22126 times)

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
Re: Message from Home
« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2011, 12:05:07 pm »
Im sorry, Mike. 
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline cracker

« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2011, 12:05:40 pm »
Mike don't hate you're self you arent glad he is gone, you are glad he isn't suffering any more. My condolences and best wishes for an emothional healing. Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

HatchA

« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2011, 12:21:39 pm »
My deepest condolences Mike.  Don't mourn his death, celebrate his life and by the end of the day, your cheeks'll be sore from the grinning...

Rest in peace, Mike's dad.

Steve.

Offline John K

« Reply #78 on: April 05, 2011, 12:29:59 pm »
Sorry to hear this Mike, I like to believe your Dad is in a better place now !
The only way to fail is to never start !

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2011, 12:39:09 pm »
Sorry for your loss Mike.   May he rest in peace.

Offline RG

« Reply #80 on: April 05, 2011, 01:16:59 pm »
Sorry Mike I am here for ya bud

Ron

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2011, 01:59:02 pm »
So sorry to hear this El D. he is in pain no more, and that is something to be glad about. God bless.
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #82 on: April 05, 2011, 02:28:25 pm »
Stay strong Mike. You are in my prayers.
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #83 on: April 05, 2011, 02:38:00 pm »
I'm sorry, Mike.  Thanks for letting us know.
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #84 on: April 05, 2011, 02:40:49 pm »
I'm sorry to hear that Mike.  God bless.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #85 on: April 05, 2011, 02:43:24 pm »
Mike,

Thank you for having the courage to share this with us.  I pray for comfort and peace for you and your family.  God blesse, Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #86 on: April 05, 2011, 05:40:02 pm »

Mike, My condolences to You and your Family.  Don't be upset at yourself, for being glad that he finally passed, it is normal, to want to see his suffering gone, by whatever means.  It was going to happen, and he is no longer suffering.  Don't angry, but be proud that you were there when he really needed you to be.  It is not an easy thing to watch a loved one slowly die, especially if they are suffering.  It is extremely difficult to be with them, and watch their pain, having nothing to ease it, but your presence, and voice.  I truly believe he is better now.  Like HatchA  said, don't mourn his death, celebrate his life, and think of all the good times you had together, and his little quirks, and funny things that happened to him, and to you when you were together.  When I was about 14 or so I had gotten in an argument about something with my Dad, and told him I was not going hunting with him down in the Big Cypress "Swamp, where we had a camp.  He said, well ok, but I was going to show you the Indian Mummies, I saw.  Well he knew I was interested in Indian mounds, and such, So, I said what Mummies?  He said he had found some on his way to the camp, once, but didn't want to bother them.  Well Now my curiosity is overtaking my anger.  Ok, lets go.  So I keep asking him where abouts he found them, he said, well, when we get there I can show you, them easier than trying to give you directions.  Ok, so we finally get to the Indian reservation that we had to go through to get to the old cattle road to the camp, and as we are driving through the reservation, I said Ok, just where are these Indian Mummies you keep talking about, he said ok, I will show you....Well I am expecting to go out of our way to some remote section of the swamp, but as we are passing some Indian women and their children, he said there you go, I said there you go what?  He said, pointing to the women and children, there are your Indian Mummies....... ;D  I was so mad I could have eaten a bowl of fried nails!  But the more I thought about it the funnier it got.  He threw the bait out, and I nailed it and swallowed it hook line and sinker!  It ended up we had a great time hunting together.  I sure wish he was still here to go hunting with.  You will find that every now and then you will think of some event that will make you laugh, or at the very least smile.  I miss my Mother and Father very much, and everyday, I find something I need to ask one of them, that they would know how to do, etc.  Each day, that passes, you do not forget him, but you can handle his being gone, a little bit easier.  There will always be times, when you will see something, or do something, that will remind you of him.  Mike again, I am sorry for your loss, and thankful that you were able to be there with him, and that he is no longer suffering.  God bless You and Your Family, and I pray for peace of mind for You and your Family. 

Wayne

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #87 on: April 05, 2011, 06:00:26 pm »
Sorry for your loss Mike but thankful your Dad isn't suffering anymore! I went through a similar situation a few years ago with my Mom. It is never easy to go through these life events but we all will at some point.
  My condolences to you and your family.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #88 on: April 05, 2011, 06:19:43 pm »
Mike:  Nothing can make this experience easier to take or understand.  The "circle of life" has placed you in the same status that your father had with you and you now share with your sons.  Be thankful that you are still building memories with them!  Hope to shake your hand and enjoy you at the Classic!  A/Ho Udo, Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #89 on: April 05, 2011, 06:21:07 pm »
Sorry for your loss, Mike. 
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis