Author Topic: "Summer Stalker"  (Read 10429 times)

Offline DanaM

Re: "Summer Stalker"
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2007, 01:58:12 pm »
Sorry about high jacking yer thread Kegan, I will start another.

Dana
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline AndrewS

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2007, 05:06:51 pm »
Its a fine bow and as in the title a good "Summer Stalker" I think! I like the tiller.  ;)

Offline Kegan

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2007, 07:42:12 pm »
Thanks for the kind words everyone! I really like using the Titebond- it didn't require me to immerse the sinew in glue, but moved around the strands as they were applied. It is also very water-resistant (was shooting in some light rain the other day- no problem).

As far as the handle goes- it isn't a true D-style. The handle area doesn't bend as much as the limbs, but the thinner handle doesn't have as much wood in between the limbs- I beeleiv this creates an effect similiar to thin limbs. It was fine even before the sinew.

Got to try another one of these when I get more sinew (really helped prevent string follow) at a higher poundage. Oooh- more projects ;D!

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2007, 08:29:39 pm »
    Very nice looking bow Kegan.Like Oldbow said it look's primitive.On the next one,you can gain some speed by taking more wood off the tips.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2007, 10:06:20 pm »
Very nice bow, Keegan. I like the tiller. I also like that you were able to tiller in a little bending through the fades and into. Not a problem as long as it is done correctly by thickening the handle appropriately. Good job. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!