Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

Elm Flight Bow

(1/5) > >>

Marc St Louis:
I made this little flight bow a few months ago.  It was an idea I had a few years ago that involved modifying the design of the flight bows I made several years ago.  I just never got around to doing anything with it until now.  The bow is made out of spliced billets of Elm and at 52" N to N the bow is short but it only draws to 25" where it pulls 43#.  It was a test bow so I didn't bother putting a finish on it.  Here's a couple pictures of it

I tested the bow with 2 different weight arrows.  With 6.5 GPP arrows it was getting this through my chrony

When I dropped the arrow weight to 5 GPP I was getting this through my chrony

I wrote an article for PA on it's construction and with more detailed picture, which I won't share here at this time.

NTD:
Dang Marc, I really love that design.  Might have to get a pair of billets and try that design again.  I'm looking forward to the article.  Thanks for the sneak peek.

Is there much difference between this bow and the high performance reflex recurve bows in the article you did a little while ago?

Parnell:
That looks real good.  The one I'd worked on I blew the tiller.  Got it bending out of the handle and it hinged so quick that it is basically a bust. >:(
Oh well, I'm over it, but another attempt will be made in the future.

ErictheViking:
Sweet full draw pic.  What would those numbers translate to distance, just curious?

Elktracker:
Wow thats cool and fast too, I know a guy that just bought a new bowtech destroyer binary cam compound bow at 60# and it shoots 260fps with a heavier arrow but man that is really impressive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version