Author Topic: best quiver  (Read 3637 times)

Offline swamp monkey

best quiver
« on: March 06, 2011, 03:30:19 pm »
What style do you think is the best quiver design for a primitive archer who hunts?   Just throwing that out there to see what y'all think.

Offline Bevan R.

Re: best quiver
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 03:40:38 pm »
I know this is not the answer you are looking for but,

"The one you are most comfortable with that holds enough 'bullets'" >:D

I think you will get just about every type mentioned.
I personally like the side quiver like this one. Guy did a great build-a-long not to long ago..

Bevan R
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 10:24:10 pm »
This is the quiver I use for 3D shooting and target practice...

Ant this is the one I use for hunting. I made this one from an old Selway bow quiver I didn't use any more...

Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DEllis

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 01:38:54 am »
Been thinking this over lately myself. I have always used a back quiver of my own make, but it has it's limitations. Fills up with snow, leaves or whatever and makes a bit of racket if you have to move really fast, but I can carry broadheads and judo's or blunts for small game and quickly access whichever I need at the moment. Been thinking of a side quiver like those pictured above. Hope to see lots more input here.
Sorry for the lousy pic. :-\
Darcy :)
Darcy Ellis
Fort Fraser BC Canada eh!

Offline Brock

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 01:56:28 am »
This is my Lakota styled quiver...bought it in 92...heavy latigo leather trimmed with sheeps wool...cuff folds out to cover fletching for weather protection and stealth..and fastens with bone antler tip.  I love it and no matter the GN quivers or back quivers...I always go back to this one.