Linked Events

• KyTradFest: April 02, 2011 - April 03, 2011

Author Topic: KyTradFest  (Read 7529 times)

Offline Marvin Campbell

KyTradFest
« on: December 09, 2010, 07:57:52 pm »
The Kentucky Traditional Bowhunters Association is hosting a 2 day shoot April 2-3, 2010.  This shoot is our effort to fill the void due to the Kentucky Klassic not being held this year.

We are a small club located in Mercer County not far out of Harrodsburg, Kentucky.  We also host monthly, traditional only shoots, so we do have years of experience in hosting these type events.

Our new annual KyTradFest will include, 40 target 3-D course, with many exotic, and large targets, mostly Rhineharts.  There will be competition $25, and fun shoot $20 classes in Recurve, Longbow, Selfbow, Men's, Women's, and youth classes.  This fee will be for the entire weekend, as many rounds as you can shoot.  Competition classes must score first round.  Competition classes must use 2 card scoring system, and 3-5 shooters in the group.  Any disputed scores will be settled at the target butts with officials.  We will also have novelty shots, longshot, flying discs, etc.

Free primitive camping, free firewood (please do not bring firewood, trying to prevent spread of emerald ash borer) free vendor setup, concession vendor on site, bowmaking, flint knapping, looking into the possibility of a shooting seminar/class, guest speakers invited, saturday night feast..., still taking suggestions!

Respond here for any ideas, suggestions, requests or additional information.

Link to our website         ktbaonline.com/

Thanks
Hope you can attend!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 05:56:34 pm by Calendargirl »

Offline Marvin Campbell

Re: KyTradFest
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 08:28:30 pm »
Oops that should read April 2-3, 2011

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 08:38:29 pm »
Marvin, this sounds like fun.  I will put it on my calendar.  It would be nice to me more KY primitive archers.  I have a 13 1/2ft, pull behind camper.  Would there be room for it?
Dave
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline Marvin Campbell

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 09:33:42 pm »
Plenty of room for it Dave!

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 05:51:57 am »
I will try and get some of the TwinOaks boys and get up there,we always tried to make the KY.Klassic but heard that wasn't happening this year. Good luck with it. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Brother Dan

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 06:40:26 pm »
Need directions, coming from north, US75.  Thanks, Brother Dan
Cleves, Ohio

Offline Marvin Campbell

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 12:24:32 am »
A run down of confirmed vendors at present: Big Jim Bows, David knight of "Primal Needs Archery", Steve Turay "Northern Mist", Tom Moran "River Raisin", JP Enterprises, Ky Outdoors Magazine, Proffessional Bowhunters Society, St Joe River Bows, Mike Miller "Crooked Stik Bows", Kevin Brown "HerwayBows", Eric Morris "Erics Rocks", Jim Gainey "Black Creek Bows",
Doug Schlabaugh Saturday Night Guest Speaker Rod Jenkins Shooting clinic Saturday and Sunday Presently 2 Bar-B-Que vendors,and working on a breakfast menu as well.

40 target 3-D course, mostly Rhineharts $25 shoot fee for competition, $20 shoot for fun. Shoot fee is for unlimited shooting all weekend, Youth cost $2, under 12 FREE, under 12 must be accompanied by an adult. Vendor setup FREE (must provide own shelter) Camping FREE (primitive,no showers,porta Johns and potable water available) Firewood FREE (please do not bring firewood we are fighting an emerald ash borer invasion) Novelty shoots: Long Shot,Running boar,Aireals Blanket trades allowed, and encouraged. Campers may set up on Friday night.

Working on the possibility of a coon shoot friday night, or maybe an American Round shoot on Saturday, Please respond on these activities, it will determine if there is enough intrest that we need to pursue these.

April 2,3 , 2011

Offline Marvin Campbell

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2011, 01:28:39 pm »
Here are directions from Harrodsburg, KY

West on US-68 (Perryville Road) go approx. 6 miles, turn left onto Whites Lane.

Hope you can make it to the shoot.

Offline Marvin Campbell

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2011, 02:27:51 pm »
David Knight of Primal Need Archery has contacted me to try and determine how many people may be interested in taking his bow building class at the KyTradFest. The class will cover tillering of a bamboo backed ipe bow glued up in a medium reflex/deflex profile, as shown in the attached link. The cost of the class is $200 including the bow blank, full step by step instruction, use of tools, and details for final finish work (the finish work is to be done by the individual at home).

http://www.primalneedarchery.com/about.html

He will also be selling his highly reflex/deflex bow blanks, tonkin cane arrow shafts, bamboo bow backings etc.

If you are interested in taking his class, David would appreciate being contacted, to determine how many bow blanks to bring. You may contact David at 828-397-3615 or at knightd3169@yahoo.com

Offline aznboi3644

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2011, 11:23:57 am »

I'm from Evansville Indiana...is there a specific address I can google map?

Offline knightd

• www.primalneedarchery.com
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2011, 11:26:56 am »

I'm from Evansville Indiana...is there a specific address I can google map?
here you go.. This will get you close.. ;)
189 White Ln, Harrodsburg, KY 40330