Author Topic: Let the games begin. Bow Trade!  (Read 71360 times)

Offline Michael C.

Re: Let the games begin. Bow Trade!
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2011, 01:02:21 pm »
I got mine last night and I had a hard time getting to sleep, but now that I am awake I can't stop thinking about how I'm going to approach this bow. Seems like everyone has the right mind set though and they want this to be the best bow they've ever made, so I think there are going to be some sweet photos and happy shooters in the end. Can't wait to get home so I can look over the stave's and make a pick. Good luck everyone and I said thanks to Marie last night but I'll say it again thanks to Pat and Josh to for getting it started and helping organize it, this is going to be awesome.
"Friendship makes prosperity more shining and lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it."

Cicero

Offline DEllis

« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2011, 05:39:16 pm »
Got my name! The poor sap wasn't counting on that I am sure ;) ;D
it'll be a little while fore I can get whittlin........but my stave shortage is gonna end soon ;D been talking to Mike Yancey ;)
Darcy :)
Darcy Ellis
Fort Fraser BC Canada eh!

Offline ken75

• crepe myrtle is my "yella wood"
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2011, 05:40:18 pm »
havent got my name yet... dang i gonna be behind on this bow , hope i can get it done in time !!

Offline sailordad

« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2011, 05:48:31 pm »
ken, you could start at 11:30 pm july 3rd
and still have it done on time for promt delivery on the fourth  ;D
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2011, 07:05:39 pm »
This looks like fun. Count me in on the next one!   :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

JustinNC

« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2011, 07:33:00 pm »
OK I'm almost done....I drew Fishfinder....here I am putting some finishing touches to his bow...going to stop on the way home and get some logging chain for the 'string'/.....good luck with your endevor for world record fishfinder!! Hope you like it! ;D

Just kidding....about it all....I didnt even draw you fishfinder...just messin with ya....seriously though, good luck with your attempt! :P

Offline NTD

« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2011, 07:36:21 pm »
OK I'm almost done....I drew Fishfinder....here I am putting some finishing touches to his bow...going to stop on the way home and get some logging chain for the 'string'/.....good luck with your endevor for world record fishfinder!! Hope you like it! ;D

Just kidding....about it all....I didnt even draw you fishfinder...just messin with ya....seriously though, good luck with your attempt! :P

;D ;D ;D ;D
Nate Danforth

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2011, 07:43:56 pm »
darn, got exited there for a second ;D
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

JustinNC

« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2011, 07:49:19 pm »
Just messin with ya, relieving a little early week stress and you seemed like an easy victim. Anyway I won't derail this any further lol

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2011, 07:51:08 pm »
Just messin with ya, relieving a little early week stress and you seemed like an easy victim. Anyway I won't derail this any further lol
i am easily fooled, speaking of rails, that sounds like a good place to get staves big enough for me >:D
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

Offline wildkatt

« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2011, 08:31:39 pm »
Still Haven't got my name yet.And i gotta go teach a handgun class, hope i can quit thinking about bows long enough to shoot.lol 

Katt
I didnt claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegies

Offline sailordad

« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2011, 08:34:43 pm »
wildkatt
just remember drawing a gun is differant than drawing a bow   ;D
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2011, 08:44:47 pm »

Im sorry but I havent laughed that hard in a long time ;D thank you for that ;D

I just sent out 5 more names but calendergirl said I couldnt have any more or I would figure out who was building for me ;D I picked out the stave I will be useing its Vine Maple 64 ttt and natural reflex at the ends of both limbs but it is kinda sudden so im not sure how its gonna go but we will see it should be nice, I have a back up incase something goes hay wire its cascara and I will also be working on it as I work on the Vine Maple and pick the best one of the two. Ill post pics in a sec

Josh
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 06:49:35 pm by Elktracker »
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2011, 08:55:25 pm »
let me know what you think I am just finishing a Vine maple that had about 5 inches of reflex in it and most of it tillered out so I think I can make this  one work without to many problems. I think im going to also do a Cascara stave as well and maybe pick the best of the two, I will most likely back the Cascara with Cherry bark ???

Josh
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 06:47:20 pm by Elktracker »
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2011, 10:29:59 pm »
Well, after a long nite at work, I made up my mind to stay up all day and get started making my trade bow.  Of course life got in the way;  replacing the brakes on my car, fixing a flat tire, replacing a broken swaybar link, and then a friend of the family that we haven't seen in 10 years stopped by.  So, I didn't get as much done as I wanted, but I got it cut out.  Tomorrow I will chase a ring and cut it to thickness.

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left