Author Topic: Let the games begin. Bow Trade!  (Read 70477 times)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Re: Let the games begin. Bow Trade!
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2011, 01:48:54 am »
 wanna play in bow trade!!!
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2011, 02:12:31 am »
I don't know a THING about the person I'm building for.  Should be interesting...

Offline Keenan

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2011, 02:22:13 am »
Don't be a stranger, Justin. We need to look over your shoulder and make comments while you work.  ;D
  It's great to see the enthusiasm and there is no need to be intimidated. Take the opportunity to learn from what others are doing. There is no need to rush(but please do remember there is a deadline!  ;) ). Take your time and have fun.
Now!  When do I get mine!  >:(   ::)
Well said Pat.  Remember guys this is for fun, so don't stress, enjoy the journey and go the extra mile!  ;)

I know who I have  :P :o :o Just resarched and think I have this person dialed in on the radar   >:D >:D >:D I'll post some pics as I go  ;D  Also a special thanks to Marie , Josh, and Pat you guys are great.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 02:29:14 am by Keenan »

Offline sailordad

« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2011, 02:32:22 am »
ive already decided one thing
i am going to do things to this bow that i normally wouldnt

like give it a good tiller   ;D    lol
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2011, 02:40:05 am »
I don't know a THING about the person I'm building for.  Should be interesting...

Ya I just skimmed through around 3000 posts to get to know my pick and I sent a couple of his build allongs to my e mail some great stuff. Funny how sertian people stand out to me on here and others who are very knollegable and have lots of posts go right under the radar. This is a great way to get to know each other as well.

sailordad that is just funny lol ;D
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2011, 02:47:59 am »
While I am really excited to get another bow (like I don't have enough) I'm really nervous and uptight about who I get to send a bow to...makes me really want to bear down and do my best ever!

And what extras can I throw in?  A bundle of Black Hills sage?  Maybe jar of chokecherry jelly?  I'll thnk of something!

John,  I think you're the chokecherry culprit.  I was amazed to see this thread start tonight and get to 3 pages so quickly.  But, I have the answer to your question, just put jack-a-lope antler tip overlays on your bow.  Nobody else is gonna do that...

I got my name too.  I want to make a short bow, but the draw length is pretty long.  Looks like I'll be pounding some sinew.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2011, 02:54:16 am »
I think calendergirl is done for the night, she sent me a message saying she got 19 out for the night then sent me 9 to send out. It was 11:00pm her time when she sent it to me so im sure she is calling it a night.Thanks a bunch for doing this for us Marie we all appretiate it. So 28 people should have got pm's the rest will probably get theres tomorrow, so dont stay up all night waiting lol ;D If I had more names I would go all night ;D but my wife is already yelling at me to get off the net lol
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline deerhunter97370

« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2011, 03:36:52 am »
Ive got my person, wood chosen, and bow style. Now I hope it doesnt explode like the last bow I made with this type wood. Good Luck Everyone and have fun.
Always be ready to: Preach, Pray, or Die. John Wesley

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2011, 04:09:07 am »
I can't wait to start working on my bow.  I am 7 hours into a 15 hour shift tonight.  I might just stay up all day and see what I can get done.  Who can sleep when there are bows to be made.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline hillbilly61

• Fly straight and true
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2011, 09:12:54 am »
   I woke up early just to see who s name I got, and nothing yet :( Oh well I reckon I'll go out and straighten some cane and drink coffee. ;D Then go to work UUUUGGGG >:(
I will say of the Lord,"He is my refuge and my fortress;
  My God, in Him I will trust."  Psalm 91:2

Offline Matt S.

« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2011, 11:18:17 am »
I got my name and as I expected, am a little intimidated after "researching" my recipient. I shouldn't be nervous though, all I can promise is my best, right?
At least whoever gets my name shouldn't be intimidated in the least, I'll be happy with anything!  ;D

Offline Parnell

« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2011, 11:26:33 am »
I can hardly wait to see who I get...
1’—>1’

JustinNC

« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2011, 12:30:48 pm »
Pat I was just kidding. I'm too addicted to this site to duck out. I was really nervous when I got my name, but I'm actually relaxed and glad I got who I got. Already got the ideas flowing. Just gotta procure some back up wood just in case and start "whittling away what don't look like a bow" as jed clampett would say.

Offline denny

• my site
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2011, 12:41:33 pm »
Fishfinder 401, Denny here , looks like black cherry tree too me. I wouldn't recommend them, They kill horses around here. Also I got about a thousand of them in my back yard to compare to your photo. Grouse love choke cherries around here, I find the berries to be a little more reddish than black and as been said the bush is smooth bark, if I recall.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2011, 01:00:03 pm »

[/quote]

John,  I think you're the chokecherry culprit.  I was amazed to see this thread start tonight and get to 3 pages so quickly.  But, I have the answer to your question, just put jack-a-lope antler tip overlays on your bow.  Nobody else is gonna do that...

George
[/quote]

Jackalope antler tip overlays!  Why didn't I think of that?!?!?!  OH YEAH!  Now I know!  DUH!!!   All I ever see are the does.  Finding a doe jackalope is easy, but them bucks are wiley, reallly wiley!

I gotta go read every single post my person has made since joining this forum so I can profile him.  Then I'm gonna google him, hire a private detective, and pay every one of his friends to rat him out.  Oh wait, this is the PA forum, not Match.com sorry.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.