Author Topic: Let's see your bow racks!  (Read 21476 times)

Offline Bevan R.

Re: Let's see your bow racks!
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2011, 12:28:53 am »
I made my rack out of a 1 by 3 piece of oak with dowels. Not to pretty but who's looking at the rack anyway? I can hang a bunch of bows in a small area with no fuss.

gmc & I have the same philosophy...
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline juniper junkie

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2011, 12:36:07 am »
OK, so you just want to see who is the most infected person on this site?? I will admit to my addiction ;D

Offline juniper junkie

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2011, 12:38:45 am »
I have found that fishing rod holders make great bow holders, I pick them up at yard sales.

Offline 1776J

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2011, 01:52:06 am »
I made my rack out of a 1 by 3 piece of oak with dowels. Not to pretty but who's looking at the rack anyway? I can hang a bunch of bows in a small area with no fuss.

Good idea,... I like the fact that you have many bows in a small area.
I just got an idea,..a sort of take off of this one with deer antlers and an antique piece of furniture!
 :)

Offline Matt S.

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2011, 11:24:00 am »
Wow, those are some nice bows gmc, Bevan and juniper junkie! I like those bow racks too. Hopefully I'll have to make a second some day and I just may do one in that style.

juniper, that's a LOT of bows! But it isn't an addiction until EVERY wall is covered with bows or arrows ;D ;D

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2011, 11:25:40 am »
JJ, are those original Grumleys you have there?
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Keenan

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2011, 01:59:19 pm »
Wow, those are some nice bows gmc, Bevan and juniper junkie! I like those bow racks too. Hopefully I'll have to make a second some day and I just may do one in that style.

juniper, that's a LOT of bows! But it isn't an addiction until EVERY wall is covered with bows or arrows ;D ;D

Matt, I've seen Dave's house, trust me, every wall is covered and he is an addict.  If you go wood collecting or rock gathering with him you will really see the extent of the hold it has on him. His eyes dialate and he starts sweeting shaking and then his finger nails and hair grows out and he looks very "caveman" like.  Once I was in a very large syringa patch with him and saw him rolling in it like a dog that just found a carcass. >:D >:D
 He often take other when he's on a binge just to help justify but that is often after he has "high graded" the area.

Offline nclonghunter

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2011, 03:23:19 pm »
I would go insane just trying to decide which bow I wanted to take, or should take, which one had the luck that day, which one would be a little sluggish, which one deserved to hunt that day, which one I had forsaken for a while......HELP, please keep me from this addiction

I also hang all mine from pegs, by the string..........
There are no bad knappers, only bad flakes

Offline juniper junkie

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2011, 12:11:51 am »
Pat, no, I dont have any grumleys, but I wish I did. the bows on top are static recurve kokiaks with the brush nocks, they are from the mid 40's. I have one compass kodiak, and one 59 kodiak. still looking for a grumley. Oh Keenan, you are just in denial :D you have to come to terms with your addiction...just because you occasionally black out as a result of becoming over excited, doesnt mean you dont have a problem. ::) Geez...talk about the pot calling the kettle black... ;D

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2011, 02:30:36 am »
I have found that fishing rod holders make great bow holders, I pick them up at yard sales.
if you want to see reel rod holders ill put a pic of mine up, its literally a wall seperating the cars in my garage, it has over 60 holders on it....... every....one...... is.....FILLED >:D
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

Offline dwardo

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2011, 09:36:56 am »
I have two bits of string hangling from the ceiling with loops every so often  :(

Offline swamp monkey

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2011, 10:33:30 am »
I'd be glad to go into greater detail if anyone wants to know more.

Yeah,  If it is not too much trouble the specs on your measurements would be a jump start to replicating what you did.  NICE work by the way.  really inspiring.

Offline Matt S.

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2011, 11:07:49 am »
I'd be glad to go into greater detail if anyone wants to know more.

Yeah,  If it is not too much trouble the specs on your measurements would be a jump start to replicating what you did.  NICE work by the way.  really inspiring.

I'll see if I can find my chicken scratch plans. If not I'll have to take some measurements. Either way, it may take me a day or two but I'll post back here when I have some dimensions.

Offline Matt S.

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2011, 04:36:54 pm »
Ok, for those who have asked, here are my drawings and dimensions for my bow rack. https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/mZ7vAcBr4ZVAzap583AL4A?feat=directlink
Hope you can decipher it!

Offline bubby

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2011, 05:58:07 pm »
I've got limited room so had to attach one to the top of some old school lockers that I got for storage
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹