Author Topic: Mollegabet and Pyramid  (Read 3628 times)

Offline Peacebow_Coos

Mollegabet and Pyramid
« on: March 02, 2011, 06:54:18 am »
Walnut molle board bow backed with brown bedsheet fabric.  66" NTN, 1.5 " wide working limbs, .5 inch levers.  Maple board bow to be backed with TB3 and Jute, will it work in a sinew fashion with tiny fiber bundles, or should I use single strands of the twine, or the whole twine?  I'm just needing something to hold it together but not be real heavy and sluggish.  Any ideas?  Appreciate any comments or criticisms.  Thanks.
Sam

Offline bubby

Re: Mollegabet and Pyramid
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 09:27:22 pm »
is the grain bad on these bows, if not their's no reason to back them, instead of jute if ya gotta back them use paper, works good, easy to apply and a great medium for some art work, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Peacebow_Coos

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 08:39:15 am »
Well the walnut is cut off the edge of a board I believe to be plain sawn.  If I stand it on end, looking down on the nock, the grain would look similar to this [////] with little run off but for the most part straight.  Back is the left parenthese, belly is the right one.    I have trapped the back an eighth on each side.  The maple has fairly straight grain down the edge, but v's down the back.  Paper is a good idea, and cheap.  I like it. 

Offline bubby

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 05:41:51 pm »
I've made a lot of bows rift sawn, quarter sawn and plain, most of them unbacked, the centercut on a plain sawn board makes both good bows and backing strips, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹