Author Topic: Cleaned The Shop  (Read 6239 times)

Offline stickbender

Re: Cleaned The Shop
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2011, 01:33:20 am »

A neat shop is a sign of a sick mind! :o  He who has a neat shop will never know the abject joy of finding something once thought irretrievably lost! ;D
Aside from looking neat, it is also much safer to work in. ;)

Wayne

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2011, 10:38:26 am »
Great looking Kid, If I did that to my shop I wouldn't be able to find anything,mine is a cluster
but as long as folks put stuff back where I had it I can find it, No rime or reason to it,I just know where it is. :) Nice bench by the way. :) I got a nice one also,somewhere under all the stuff. ;) ;D ;D Might even have more than one,ant sure. ??? ;D 
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

JustinNC

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2011, 10:57:00 am »
haha awesome pics.....your daughter reminds me of my youngest....would just as soon me sling her around by her feet, upside down, as she would eat if she was hungry

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2011, 02:01:01 am »
NYC nice cleaning job... Where did the snakes go??? Sweet pics.
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline NTD

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2011, 02:09:28 am »
haha awesome pics.....your daughter reminds me of my youngest....would just as soon me sling her around by her feet, upside down, as she would eat if she was hungry

I call her my Kamikaze because we'll just be sitting there and she'll suddenly fling herself back.  She definitely enjoys being tossed around.

Criverville,

What snakes?  you mean the ones my pup was chewing on?  They were just the edges that I trim off after the skins are dried.  I had 2 10 ft pieces from a big boa I skinned awhile back.  They were like big rawhide sticks for her.
Nate Danforth

Offline criveraville

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2011, 02:37:35 am »
Sorry NTD , on my phone typos are easier.. You have a reptile termometer.. How did the boas work for backings?
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline NTD

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2011, 02:40:15 am »
Oh, the thermometer...I have too many cages now and use a Temp gun now to measure temps.  Much better too because reptiles care more about surface temps than air temps anyway.

I've back one bow with a boa skin and it was nice.  But I send most of my snake skins out in trades and stuff.  That big one went to Oneeye.  Although I have a special boa skin that I will be using for 2 bows I am making.  One of those will be the trade bow and the other for Moi ;D they're gonna be matching bows ;)
Nate Danforth

Offline stickbender

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2011, 03:59:29 am »

Forget the shop, post more pictures of the "Kamikaze Kid"!  That smile is priceless !

Pappy, I am the same way, I know where something is even though it is not visible, and I haven't used it in quite awhile.  If I get a wild hair, and clean up, and start tossing stuff I have not used in a few years, within a week, I will suddenly have a need for that very object that I threw out! ::)

Wayne

Offline criveraville

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2011, 07:22:24 pm »
Ok. I see.. Thanks.. That boa skin sure is tough.. They are pretty skins. What type of snakes do you raise and do you bread them? I have 5 big reptile tanks and have considered doing that..

Offline NTD

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2011, 07:29:29 pm »
I have Jungle Carpet pythons, Bredli pythons, super dwarf reticulated pythons, Various boas, and a group of rattlesnakes.  I have a few odds and ends but those are the types I work with most.  I also keep a pair of Gouldi Monitors and a trio of Ackie Monitors. 

If you are considering raising snakes for skins it's not worth it cost to feed and house is far too high.  I get most of my exotic skins from friends who are in the trade that have animals that die.
Nate Danforth

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2011, 09:42:33 pm »
What type of snakes do you raise and do you bread them?

Mmmmm, breaded snakes!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline NTD

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2011, 09:52:55 pm »
LOL nice one JW ;D
Nate Danforth

Offline criveraville

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2011, 10:05:33 pm »
NTD, thanks for the info.. Ok.. Yep.. I have an 8 foot red tail boa I'm going to trade.. What could I ask to trade for it??? Haven't a clue..

Offline Bevan R.

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2011, 01:31:13 am »
Here are a couple of pics of my 1st bench Nathen. Instead of the hollow top like the plans, I used two, 3/4" thick sheets of OSB. I cut them to 32" x 72". Then used the two 16" pieces to make the middle lair of the 3 lair top. The 2nd pic is after I put on some 1by trim.

Bevan R
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline NTD

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2011, 01:36:55 am »
That'll work, Thanks Bevan!
Nate Danforth