Author Topic: Video: Shooting my new Yew Warbow (And--Check out the English Warbow Forum!)  (Read 14945 times)

duffontap

Hello Everyone.  I thought you might enjoy this video of my first three shots with my new 110# Pacific Yew English War Bow.  I'm still a beginner with a war bow but I'm really enjoying this stuff.  I hope I can persuade some of you to go check out my new bow on the English Warbow forum here on Primitive Archer: 
http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,2427.0.html

Well here's a full draw shot:

Here's the video!

J. D. Duff
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 05:48:57 pm by J. D. Duff »

Offline StanM

Wow!  Great looking bow.  Would love to come up the coast sometime and watch you shoot it.

Stan
This house is where I take my natural rest, but my home is out there, beyond the back door.   ~ Albert "Salmo" McClain, 1965

Oregon

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
Thats awsome....Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

duffontap

You can shoot it yourself.  Where are you from?

J. D. Duff

Offline StanM

Just south of Eugene.  Might be able to put it through its paces at 18" of draw or so  ;D  Would be fun just to watch it shoot.

Stan
This house is where I take my natural rest, but my home is out there, beyond the back door.   ~ Albert "Salmo" McClain, 1965

Oregon

Offline Asiertxu

AWESOME Josh!!!... :o... :)...
You are doing as a PROFESSIONAL LONGBOW MAN in your video!!... 8)...nothing to see witha newbie... ;)...
Well done mate!!...
Cheers...
Asier.
//Asier from "Basque Country" Spain.

Offline Dane

Josh, this is a fine bow. As Jaro said, the tiller is better than the first. I like the look of this bow, too - yew is beautiful stuff.

The English War Bow section seems to have shaped up nicely, as well.

So, when are we going to get to see that fire arrow? :)
Greenfield, Western Massachusetts

Offline jpitts

Wow Josh...great video. I bet she's fun to shoot. Do you have any closer pics of the bow?
Jimmy / Dallas, Georgia

Offline jpitts

Oops....found the closer shots......I do have a question though......My Longbow was made in 94 and was 60#@28" when I got her....she feels even stronger today. She does have a wee bit of set in the bottom limb but thats the only change I've noticed over the years. Do ELB's do that? or is it just me getting older.. ;D
Jimmy / Dallas, Georgia

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
Nice. Where did those arrows end up? On the Kamchatka Peninsula?  :)
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

DBernier

Hillbilly, looks like they were seen heading toward Juno.  ;D  I believe our northern radar stations picked it up. Nice bow JD.

Dick Bernier

duffontap

Dane,
Thanks a lot.  I tried to light my Christmas tree on fire with a flaming arrow and it didn't work.  It's harder than I thought but I haven't given up completely.   :-[

jpitts,
The Welch bow?  A bow can easily gain and lose a little weight over the years.  I don't know how much you're talking about though.  I've had vine maple bows gain and lose 5 pounds or more.

Hillbilly and DBernier,
They went out of sight.  My farthest flyer went 215 yards.  A better shooter would have gotten 240 I'll bet. 

I hope everyone gets a chance to see the detailed pics on the warbow page.  The tips and everything are showed there.

J. D. Duff

Offline Dane

Maybe one of those firecage heads would work? And how did the Xmas tree feel about that? :)
Greenfield, Western Massachusetts

duffontap

I used a firebasket head stuffed with steel wool soaked with gasoline.  It stayed lit in flight but there is something disconcerting about drawing a huge ball of fire toward your bow hand.   :o  The tree wouldn't light even though I doused it liberally with gasoline.  It was very windy though.  I'll try more but I need to prefect the fuel first I think. 

J. D. Duff

Offline jpitts

J.D. ,
Yeah the Welch bow....I think it gained weight and I've lost it...LOL's   ;D
Oh well more incentive to keep the ol muscles toned.
Jimmy / Dallas, Georgia