Author Topic: Purzzimon bow. (Not for BOM)  (Read 8756 times)

Offline jonathan creason

Re: Purzzimon bow. (Not for BOM)
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2011, 11:52:08 pm »
Wow!  That is a beautiful bow.
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2011, 12:16:15 am »
Very nice looking bow with wonderful tiller. Nice work !  '  Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline DEllis

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2011, 12:31:47 am »
Beautifull bow. I like that handle wrap style too.
Darcy :)
Darcy Ellis
Fort Fraser BC Canada eh!

Offline Rain Man

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2011, 02:09:48 am »
Perfect tiller.  This is the kind of thread that the new guys need to see.  This is how its done.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2011, 08:34:57 am »
Now thats a beauty Tim,very well tillered and the finish work is exceptional. :)Got some more drying for you. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline ken75

• crepe myrtle is my "yella wood"
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2011, 09:39:51 am »
very classy !!

HatchA

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2011, 11:33:08 am »

I had a copperhead skin that was holey and torn in several places; I ripped it down its center, and then just kinda cut all the bad off leaving the main pattern. Glue it down, very carefully, and then finished it with ploy. Not real sure how much I like it, but it is a way to use up bad skins and gives the bow some character.

You can't be serious?!!??!?

It looks INCREDIBLE!!!  As much as I do like to see snake skins on a bow-back, there are times when I think it covers up the wood just a bit too much.  You've shown incredible craftsmanship in being able to take the slimmest sliver of snakeskin (try saying that five times fast after half a bottle of Jack ;) ) and working it into the project in such a subtle, yet striking way!  The long tip overlays really add to it too, making the whole bow look really sleak and beautiful!

Great bow and good save of a tatty skin!

Steve.

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2011, 11:49:46 am »
That's a beauty for sure Tim...! The skins look really cool and accents the bow and wood real well. Nice job as always.
Paul

PS- Uh, what's that funny lookin' green stuff on the ground where the snow is supposed to be...? ;)

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2011, 11:52:34 am »
Very beautiful bow, Tim!  Why no BOM?  Tiller looks perfect on it and I really like the way you did the skins!  :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline Arrowind

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2011, 12:05:00 pm »
I would vote for it.   I'm not sure I can say more than what has already been said.  Just beautiful!  Excellent work!
Talking trees. What do trees have to talk about, hmm... except the consistency of squirrel droppings?

Offline Parnell

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2011, 12:11:17 pm »
Beautiful bow, Timo!
1’—>1’

Offline Jesse

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2011, 12:19:43 pm »
Wow!!!! excellent job on that. Looks sleek! It came out a real nice weight and holding 2" reflex what more could a guy ask for.
Shannon is gonna be thrilled.  Very nice of you. Shannon is a good guy. At the classic I had a few staves picked out of his pile and he said I needed to learn how to bargain better because I said " sounds good" to the low price he gave me right away. So he Talked himself down lower and lower until I couldn't take it anymore ;D  Glad to see this great bow being made for him. :)
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2011, 12:22:37 pm »
Tim that bow is absolutely beautiful and the tiller is excellent. :) Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline Steve Milbocker

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2011, 12:52:42 pm »
Another beauty Timo. I like your idea for the strip of snake skin,very unique. I think I'd like to put a locater grip on my next bow, thanks for the inspiration  ;D Where do you find the leather grip wrap?
I'm no where near as smart as my phone!

Offline Timo

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2011, 01:31:32 pm »
Thanks again all for the back slaps and handshakes,makes one strive the much more.

Wasn't sure how these skins would turn out. The toughest part is gluing them down,as one has to take special care with glue. i used a watered down glue mix and a small brush ,and  applied glue only on the skins, just a short length  at a time.   I then  worked down the limb slowly as I didn't want to have the worry of removing access glue later. Babysitting them as they cured. Had to re-glue a couple areas. Pretty easy really.

Very beautiful bow, Tim!  Why no BOM?  Tiller looks perfect on it and I really like the way you did the skins!

Josh, I wasn't sure if it was kosher to have more than one bow in for BOM? I already have that osage character bow in. Doesn't really matter to me one way or another,if you want to. I just didn't want to seem like a " bow post hog"  :-\

Jesse, sometimes you run into people that help you to put faith back into our society. Shannon is such a one.

Steve Milbocker, that handle wrap is just regular leather,nuthin fancy. I did a how to last year about it.