Author Topic: Ferett's site  (Read 4165 times)

Offline DiGi

Ferett's site
« on: February 23, 2011, 11:44:29 am »
What is his site?

Offline Eric Krewson

Re: Ferett's site
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 11:50:00 am »
His site is long gone, his name is Mickey Lotz. Once one of the gurus of selfbow making he had the best build-a-longs and information on his site but he started having a lot of serious reactions to osage and other wood dust as well as other physical problems and really ramped down his bow building and internet exposure to pursue other things. 
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 11:54:56 am by Eric Krewson »

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 01:29:21 pm »
Ya I think he is into Motorcycles now,he said he was coming to the Classic if the rain would hold off so he could ride his bike down,hope so,he is a really nice guy. I think a lot of people miss his site. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 01:44:34 pm »
Now I want to see this site :( Wonder why it wouldnt still be up? Too bad
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline Traxx

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 03:45:16 pm »
It was,the BEST site as far as im concerned.Much Info and showcased many bowyers work.Very inspirational.

Offline 1776J

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 05:33:27 pm »
I know that name!  How I know that name though??....
is he into vintage/antique motorcycles perhaps?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 05:52:37 pm »
Mickey(the ferret) has been writing articles for PA Magazine and probably others for a long time. He was a regular on TradGang for years and here on PA occasionally. I've known Mickey for years but never met him in person. He even mentioned a bow I sent him in his article ""Special Bows" in theDec/Jan 2010 of PA Magazine. I was flattered!  8)    I sure hope it doesn't rain this year at the Classic just for the chance to meet Mickey face to face.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline paul craig

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 06:21:28 pm »
3 Ferret build-a-longs @ www.peteward.com

Offline bubby

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2011, 06:46:00 pm »
I was lucky enough to print out the ferret's board bow build-a-long before the crash, really helped me out, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline 1776J

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2011, 08:42:07 pm »
Ah ha!  That's it Trad-bowhunter!  A friend gave me a bunch of past issues to check out,... thats it!

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2011, 09:57:59 pm »
I printed his osage build a long off before the pics were lost.  I followed that thing step by step on my first bow.  It was very helpful.  Just last week, I passed it on to a beginner working on his first osage bow.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline n2huntn

• jeff_smith13@hotmail.com ROLL TIDE !
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2011, 10:37:57 pm »
Re: Ferrets archery webpage
Post by: kavogt on March 27, 2010, 09:46:44 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While it's missing many pieces, there is still a record of the site at the Internet Archive here http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://groups.msn.com/ferretsarcherywebpage/welcome.msnw (http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://groups.msn.com/ferretsarcherywebpage/welcome.msnw) The last archived pages (from 2008) seem to be the most complete.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Genesis 27: 3

Offline DiGi

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2011, 01:32:30 am »
It's sad to hear that such a profound and beloved member ofthe traditional bowyer society cannot take part in the hobby. Kavogt, I couldn't get your site to work. It looks like primitive archer cut off some of the URL. Thanks Paul for the website, it seems like a wealth of additional info also. Is there any other kind of website like ferret's? I think it would help me a lot while making my first bow. Thanks everyone who responded!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2011, 08:12:23 am »
Check out Jawges web site,it will help. I don't have it handy but I am sure if you pm him he will help ,or some will come along and direct you to it. Mickey isn't into old vintage bikes,he is in to new fast ones :) at least the last time I saw him that is what he was riding. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2011, 11:36:47 am »
I found this, pretty good board bow building instructions.

http://sticknstring.webs.com/ferretsboardbow.htm