Author Topic: First bow post. MBG  (Read 5745 times)

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
Re: First bow post. MBG
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2011, 01:16:25 am »
I love it too, that brace pic looks real nice :)  Is this your first bow, or just your first post?  Looks like you must have had some practice before :)  I think I'll have to try something similar in the near future.  It looks really sleek without a built-up handle section.

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2011, 01:19:43 am »
Thank you hammertime I hope to hunt with it this coming season. LEGIONAIRE, I like the contrast as well, cut my first yew stave last month.(now to wait for it to dry) thanks alot for the compliment.
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline n2huntn

• jeff_smith13@hotmail.com ROLL TIDE !
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2011, 01:29:17 am »
Awsome, cant wait to see more.
Jeff
Genesis 27: 3

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2011, 01:34:31 am »
sorry Cameroo, I just missed your post. It is my 6th bow, first one snapped(kids red oak) , second one was maple backed white oak, the white oak broke but the backing still held great. third is a hickory kids bow (20lbs @25)still works great. fourth is a shorter version of this one, not at all a good tiller. it came about because I snapped a tip(about 12inches) off my first attempt at this bow and had to settle for a shorty. fifth one is a vine maple selfbow(some character) . Thank you n2 for the compliment
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline DEllis

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2011, 02:20:38 am »
Fine looking bow.....it does look quite a bit like yew.
As for the bigger girls wearing leather skirts...........be carefull what you wish for eh :o ;D
Darcy
Darcy Ellis
Fort Fraser BC Canada eh!

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2011, 02:27:51 am »
DEllis, glad you like it. as for the other part O:)

Offline DEllis

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2011, 03:10:09 am »
 ;D
Looking foreward to the full draw pic.
Darcy
Darcy Ellis
Fort Fraser BC Canada eh!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2011, 10:52:47 am »
Beautiful bow,nice work,glad you finely posted one for us. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Matt S.

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2011, 12:18:56 pm »
That sure is a good looking bow! Glad you shared it with us.

As for the leather skirts: I have gotten plenty of strange looks when I've purchased interesting articles of clothing at Goodwill to cut up and use for various crafts. At first I would try to explain myself, but I've learned that just makes the looks I get even more strange! ;D

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2011, 12:32:59 pm »
Nice, I like the parrot's bill nocks, they are a bit different to the usual, and anything a bit different gets my vote.
go on admit it, you just had to try that skirt on before you took the scisors to it :o ::)
Good to have you posting  :)
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2011, 01:15:55 pm »
thanks Pappy, good to actually show something. Matt, that is so true. when I went to buy this one I got to the check out and the flourescent lights made it look a dark blue  not black, so I asked the female clerk what color it was(I had audibly voiced my concerns)she just kind of looked at me and said "black" real slow like. wonder what she was thinking.lol. Del, the top nock was a half curl and actually looked more traditional, but I hit it on the work bench and it snapped. than in my house I dropped in on the washroom floor , further damaging it. what you see is what I could salvage. Glad you like it.

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2011, 03:30:03 pm »
Pretty cool bow there. Very clean lines and some great pictures as well. Thanks for sharing.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2011, 06:58:45 pm »
Awesome bow Eric!!! Looks fantastic. I bet it shoot great too. Hey I have some leather up for trade on the trading post if you want some...check it out.

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2011, 02:50:23 am »
Nice bow!
Frank from Germany...

Offline Parnell

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2011, 11:34:05 am »
I like that color combination, looks like a good bow and cogratulations.
1’—>1’