Author Topic: First bow post. MBG  (Read 5746 times)

Offline ErictheViking

First bow post. MBG
« on: February 20, 2011, 09:03:42 pm »
O.K. so I have been on this site for over a year and have yet topost a bow.... til now. This is a maple backed garapa(it's a cheaper decking material than ipe) I got it here eastteak.com/products/finehardwoods/garapa_data.html  it was the description of "fine interlocked grain" that got me wanting to try it.  The bow is 71in ttt 70in ntn 55lbs@28". cow hoof arrow pass and tips.(i used non smoked ones from a farm supply store for dog treats). handle is built up leather and wrapped with a piece of a leather skirt from a goodwill(wished bigger girls would buy leather skirts, they are always so small).       this is my first picture post try. if it works than I'll post more
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 09:43:25 pm by Marc St Louis »
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline ErictheViking

Re: First bow post. MBG
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 09:05:53 pm »
hey! it worked I'm not that big of an idiot.
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 09:09:22 pm »
I am not done with it. it has just two coats of mini-wax natural stain.Too cold to put on a seal coat of poly.  full draw to come when the wife gets home, thank you for the critiques and commets Eric

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 09:13:01 pm »
Looks great got any full draw pics I love to see em bend ;D
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 09:16:16 pm »
looks great, good job, hopefully ill be posting my first, once i get around to actually taking pics
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011, 09:20:20 pm »
tip pics

Offline half eye

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2011, 09:26:00 pm »
Extrafine Erick.....that braced shot is great, very classic and classy too!!!! That shot of the tip is very nice also, another classy touch.
rich

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2011, 09:33:05 pm »
thank you Elktracker,full draw coming(although I beleive the upper li,mb is stiff).   fishfinder I appreciate the kind words and good luck with the pictures(I am a complete technoidiot) so if I can do it so can you.   Rich, I cant tell you what a compliment from one of this sites most respected bowyers means, thank you very much>

Offline HickoryBill

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2011, 09:37:05 pm »
Looks like a nice bow. Congratulations!!  How"bout yankin" her back for us?
"He who hesitates usually misses"
"All you really need to make a bow and arrow are some sticks and a deer carcass"
Bill Stockdill
Clarion County Pennsylvania

Offline Jesse

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2011, 09:37:52 pm »
Excellent work. I agree with Rich. Looks very classy
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline profsaffel

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2011, 10:01:19 pm »
Oh, this is outstanding. A real work of art. One of my favorite designs and the tips are gorgeous!
Professor of History, Student of Bowyery

Offline Keenan

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2011, 11:46:52 pm »
Eric, That is great looking. Excellent tiller.Congratulations

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2011, 11:56:16 pm »
thank you HickoryBill a shot of it being "yanked" on it's way. Jesse, I'm glad you like it, thank you. prosaffel, It's my favorite design as well, thanks for the kind words. Keenan, to a guy who loves yew(me) and having seen your works of art that means alot to me, thank you.

Offline hammertime

• no shoes no shirt, no problems
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2011, 12:04:32 am »
Nice looking bow you got there,nice job on those tips,looks like a shooter to me-Hammertime

Offline LEGIONNAIRE

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2011, 12:17:31 am »
That is a very nice and clean bow. The contrast of the woods makes it look a bit like yew. a job well done  ;)
CESAR

LEGIONNAIRE ARCHERY