Main Discussion Area > Arrows

points pics

<< < (3/6) > >>

Justin Snyder:
I hear you Hillbilly. I got to where I could turn out a point consistently.  Then I quit knapping for a while.  Now it seems like every time I pick up a piece of obsidian I make sand. It gets really frustrating at times. Justin

mullet:
  Those are some good looking points Steve.I've been wacking on some of that Ryolite James gave me.I'm kinda, sorta ,startin' to like it.Try antler on the obsidean,it likes it more than sticks.Hey get time to work on some bows?

Hillbilly:
Eddie, we might get you hooked on real rock yet. I'll trade you a load of good quartz for some of that ol' junky Flint river stuff just to help you out.  ;D Yeah, I use antler on the obsidian. Only thing I use wood on is quartzite, grainy rhyolite, and limestone. After I get back from Hickory this weekend I'll get back to bow buildin, I promise :) I've worked on Justin's some, got it ready to brace, shouldn't take long to finish tillering.

mullet:
  I'm kinda short on ol' junky rock.The stuff I have breaks too easy. 8)

Justin Snyder:
You guys make it sound like the rock breaking easy is a bad thing.  I like it that way. The more you break the more I can trade you for other stuff.  ;) Justin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version