Author Topic: Just finished up...  (Read 2107 times)

Offline Mechslasher

Just finished up...
« on: February 20, 2011, 07:35:31 pm »
from the first jugging trip of the year.  had some great luck last night.  set out 50 jugs and caught 22 cats, four around 15 pounds, and one gar.  savannah and griffin helped me put them out last night, but only savannah would get up this morning.  i lucked out and a friend of mine from college came along and helped savannah collect the jugs and net the fish.  savannah just couldn't comprehend, at first, putting the net in front of the fish and letting them swim into it.  she finally figured it out after getting some help.  we ended up bagging up three gallons of fillets.  all in all a 44% catch rate and a heck of a good time.

"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
Re: Just finished up...
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 07:49:02 pm »
Mmm that looks good just today while drilling I BBQd some gar at the rig talk about good eats I even BBQd some bananas to go with it Mmm I am ready to set lines this year hope to get a paddling buddy so I can take the canoe out
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 07:56:03 pm »
Sure looks fun!  Like your fishin buddy and can almost taste the results!
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline cracker

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 07:57:52 pm »
Cool looks like everyone involved had a great time.Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 10:22:21 pm »
 Good eats and looks like fun. I hope we have time when I get up in the Spring.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 01:41:59 am »
That girl sure is growing up!  8) You guys make a good team.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 10:18:19 am »
Great day of fishing it looks like! I went with my ex-brother-in-law late last year and got a taste of jugging...wasn't as successful as your day.
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2011, 11:58:59 am »
Good mess-o-cats! Looks like a couple flatties in there too? Wish I coulda made it down this weekend, but we'll hit it before long. Looks like Savannah was having a ball. Is that the coves down at the horseshoe?
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2011, 07:00:59 pm »
we started putting out jugs just down from the power house and stopped at the island before the horseshoe following the channel.  most were caught between the power house and the mouth mill cr. but we had a few that drifted down to the horse shoe that had cats on them.  the first five jugs had cats on them and we could see them dancing when we were putting the boat in.  savannah got real excited when i pointed them out.  all we caught were channels and blues on this trip.  i'm really wanting to put a troutline across that small neck on the right side just down from the old indian village.  that's where we caught about 10 cats on 20 jugs last april and where the gar got on one just after we threw it out.  apparently is a HOT spot in the spring and i'm wanting to catch all i can there.  don't think i'll be able to run any this coming weekend, but i'm   definately gonna run some the first weekend of march.  i'm guessing if i would have checked them around midnight, i would have caught about 125-150 pounds of catfish.  let me know when you can get away.
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2011, 08:28:56 pm »
Maybe weekend after next if the weather's decent. I've got a big long trotline under my boat seat I think, may see if I can dig it out before I come down. Yeah, I remember we threw out like fifteen-twenty of my jugs down there and had fish on nearly every one of them. Those pics got me fired up now.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.