Author Topic: Shout Out  (Read 2089 times)

Offline ber643

• Bernie Dunn's Home Page
Shout Out
« on: February 10, 2011, 10:08:47 am »
Just a quick hello - if it's in a "bad/wrong" place it can be moved, or tossed in the shavings can - LOL. Mullet stopped by My Facebook and left a message re my lack of presence here on PA. I appreciated it and promised to make a post. I'm OK (for a 75 yro trad and primitive addict - LOL) except slower at most everything. I still stop by every now and then and "peek" at things, and still read my monthly issues of PA (eagerly).  I've just cut down on my posting (and other activities) as I don't seem to have as much time - go figure. Then I went and got conned into/onto FaceBook. About the only posting I do is tradgang and My FB (your welcome to stop in and check that out) where I "ramble" about anything i feel like - LOL

I am getting back into (slowly) making some primitive bows again, as I miss that a lot, and may start posting those again - as soon as I can remember all/some of the things I forgot - LOL. Thanks to any, like mullet, who were wondering about this ol' hoss - and bless your hearts.
"Hunters Are People Too" (My website Premise)
Bernie Dunn
Coastal NC

Offline Gordon

Re: Shout Out
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 10:48:32 am »
Hey Bernie, I was wondering what was going on with you. I'm glad to hear you are doing well. Please stay in touch with us.
Gordon

Offline artcher1

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 11:21:05 am »
Hey Bernie, good to see you making your rounds! Don't post here as much as I use to myself. Just getting older "quicker" then most ::). Sure could use some sunshine 'bout now ;D. Later my friend...Art

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 11:27:44 am »
Bernie, Good to hear from you again. Like to see your new projects.
Fred
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline Keenan

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 11:46:50 am »
Good to hear you are OK Bernie. You are a wealth of information and very appreciated around here. ;)

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 02:00:56 pm »
Facebook is evil >:D  I think it consumed Dano also.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 02:33:57 pm »
 Goodness! You did stop by. ;D Glad to see you back on here, Bernie.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline ber643

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2011, 02:57:31 pm »
Thanks, guys. I'll try to do better - LOL

You're right about Dano. There are a bunch of us trad archers that play that evil "game" now - LOL.  I think Dano got hooked on fishing in/around Lost Vegas also though.
Bernie Dunn
Coastal NC

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2011, 03:32:21 pm »
I'm with you berni, except that facebook thing. Its evil... beware! I'm going to figure out how to post pics here nad see if I can't post/share here more too.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline ber643

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2011, 05:05:59 pm »
Good on you, Dvshunter. Pic posting seems hard at first but once you go through it, it's duck soup. As I recall they had good instructions on it here on this site somewhere - perhaps in the how-tos. It's done the same as on a couple other sites.

I do have one post going (on tg) of a Osage bow I'm working on now. Man, it's amazing how much stuff one forgets (in later years)  about how to do something in two years time - LOL. On top of that it is a real old stave with thin rings in the area where the back needs to be. It's a lot of fun to be "gnawing" at a stave again though - win or lose  ;). I'm also (just today) starting on a belly split from a stave i gave a friend of mine who wanted to make me a bow. I'm going to see if I can eck one out of the rather shallow belly split - even if it's only a real light weight one. I know, I know, why don't I post them here also like I used to. I may, if I can get the extra gumption up - LOL
Bernie Dunn
Coastal NC