Author Topic: Needing Skyper's to Skype with  (Read 2881 times)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Needing Skyper's to Skype with
« on: February 28, 2011, 02:23:45 am »
Hello all. In my 1st grade classroom we have been Skyping with folks from different parts of the world and the US. We are continuing to reach out and find new folks to Skype with. If anyone on here has Skyping capabilities, I would love to "get connected.". Just send me an email. From reading on this site I know that many of you are experts at many different things. An example is this week in social studies we will be learning about natural resource.. You ALL are great at this area. And in science we are learning about motion... I think archery fits that catagory perfectly.. Ok.. I think I have rambled, but I am excited about preparing our children for a vastly different world than most of us grew up in.

Take this site for example. I just began posting a few days ago, but I'm already going to trade a Mulberry stave for a yew bow with a person in British Colombia.. Now that's exciting and amazing.. We are utilizing tremendous advances in technology to promote primitive skills. I would call that a parodox...

Hasta maņana,
criveraville 
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Timo

Re: Needing Skyper's to Skype with
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 09:59:20 am »
 ??? ?

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 10:16:58 am »
    Whats SKYPING.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

HatchA

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 10:23:35 am »
Skype is a program you download onto your computer.  It's basically an instant messaging service but also allows people around the world to talk with one another for free, just like a phone call.  I've used it a few times and found it very good.  You can even have multiple people on the same call - like a conference call.

You can also purchase credits for Skype which allow you to use it to ring actual phone numbers too.  I've never done this though.

I never really use my Skype account these days (though I know some people that do) - I mostly use MSN messenger.

You can get specific "Skype phones" for the purpose of the service, though I've used a generic "headphone and mic" set without problems.

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 11:54:17 am »
  THANKS
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline criveraville

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 02:14:29 pm »
Thanks HatchA.. Great definition.. Sorry folks for not giving a definition. 
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 10:47:46 pm »
I'm hoping to get an updated computer system in the coming summer and add skype capacity as well.  Once I do, I'll get in touch with you so your classroom can meet my redtail hawk, Elise. 

Elise has been to several thousand classrooms in her 25 years as an education bird and with skype you won't even have to worry about her pooping in the classroom (one of her favorite activities!)
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline criveraville

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 12:18:33 am »
JW, that would be great! Thanks. Let me know.

Offline criveraville

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2011, 12:51:18 am »
PS.. JW muy chistoso

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2011, 01:59:48 pm »
My wife has a skype account :) I'm a water well driller and a blacksmith maybe one day I can chat with your class
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline criveraville

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2011, 02:07:39 pm »
Skyarrow, that would be great!!!  Thanks for the reply..  ;D

Offline skyarrow

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2011, 02:25:51 pm »
Where in Texas are you I'm in Victoria

Offline criveraville

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2011, 11:52:35 pm »
I'm about an hour west of Ft Worth, near Glen Rose. How's the fishing been?

Offline skyarrow

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2011, 12:18:58 am »
iv been to busy to fish lately :(

Offline criveraville

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2011, 01:06:34 am »
Skyarrow, that's no fun... I will let you know and if we can set set a Skype up hat would be great! My students and I would love to Skype with you. Thank you for the offer. Our skype can be 5-20 minutes. So it doesn't require much time.