Author Topic: Primitive Archer Bow Trade  (Read 70058 times)

Offline jonathan creason

Re: Primitive Archer Bow Trade
« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2011, 10:38:23 am »
4th of July sounds good to me.  Should allow plenty of time to get used to it before deer season should you want to hunt with it.  As for my stats, lefty, 28", 50# and up (if somebody just has a hankering to build a really big bow I'll be the guinnea pig), and no preference on shelf or not.  Hot dang this is going to be fun.
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

JustinNC

« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2011, 10:59:43 am »
Elk, 26-36 was in jest, meaning I'd be happy with whatever I receive.....but in reality, 29" 45-55#, as for the rest, I'd love to see whatever the builder has in store for me.

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2011, 11:50:58 am »
When is the deadline for sigh up? I need to finish up a few projects before I can take on another bow. I don't want to sign up and not finish in time.

Pat- The one guy that got shafted in the bow swap on TradGang was BaldingKansan ( Tlyer Holden ) I was in that swap, you just didn't notice me.  ;) Ten different people spoke up and offered to make Tyler a bow, I just got luckey and he picked me. I'm pretty sure he doesn't post here. The bow you are thinking of I think is my last one. I posted it in both forums. This is Balding's swap bow.

Oh what the hell... Put me in! I'll make it.
Right handed, shelf or no shelf doesn't matter to me. I'll shoot anything but 40-80 is best. I'll most likely make a selfbow from one wood or another.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline NTD

« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2011, 12:05:09 pm »
DVSHUNTER,

Glad to see you over here.  I play over at TG but PA is home for me ;D
Nate Danforth

Offline Bevan R.

« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2011, 12:15:43 pm »
How about the end of this month (February) as cutoff for signing up? This give time for the word to get out.

Then stretch the finish date to the 4th of July. (Gives me time to work on JW  >:D).

Another question is, shipping early OK? or do we want to kind of time it so everyone gets theirs about the same time?

Bevan
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline Parnell

« Reply #80 on: February 15, 2011, 12:58:50 pm »
This looks like fun.  I'd like to participate.  As for me, right handed, either way on a shelf, 28" 55# give or take.  Great idea to start this one up.  ;D
1’—>1’

Offline wildkatt

« Reply #81 on: February 15, 2011, 01:06:11 pm »
IM IN  >:D

Katt
I didnt claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegies

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #82 on: February 15, 2011, 01:36:58 pm »
ntd,
 I've been lurking for awhile here now just never posted. I was intimadated by the talent here! I've seen lots of the same folks here too.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #83 on: February 15, 2011, 03:06:36 pm »
1 JustinNC .................right hand,  29" draw, 45# or higher   GOOD
2 half eye ..................right hand 27" draw, 45# to 55#, off the hand  GOOD
3 cammadore ............28 to 30" draw 30" preffered, 40# to 50# off the hand or with rest GOOD
4 Bevan R. ................ right hand 27" draw 50# or lower, with shelf GOOD
5 osage outlaw ..........Right handed, 55-60# @ 26"Prefer a shelf or some kind of a rest
6 jonathan creason..... lefty, 28", 50# and up, no preference on shelf or not   GOOD
7 Matt S. ...................right hand, 28" draw preffered but can be from 25" to 32" if design calls for that, 30# to 60# GOOD
8 Lee Slikkers ............right hand, 27" to 28" draw, 45# to 55# GOOD
9 tattoo dave .............left or right hand, 27" to 28" draw
10 jackcrafty .............right hand, 26" to 28" draw, 50#  GOOD
11 Cameroo ..............left hand, 28" draw. 50# to 60# prefered  GOOD
12 sailordad ..............RIGHT hand, 28" draw, 45# to 55# with or without shelf
13 Elktracker .............right hand, 24" to 28" draw, 40# to 65#, shoot of hand but will take whatever, only ship in the us  GOOD
14 ken75
15 sa .......................left hand, 26" to 27" draw, off the hand, 40# to 60#
16 John K .................right hand, 26" draw or longer, 30# and higher GOOD 
17 JW Halverson........right hand, 26" draw, 50# to 60# (No Yew please wrong climate)
18 NTD ....................right hand, 28" draw, 50# to 55# "willing to ship to Oh Canada"
19 Koan
20 Hickory Bill ..........right hand, 27" to 28" draw, 50# to 55#, floppy rest or small shelf
21 DELLis ................right hand, 26" draw, 55# to 75#, with or without shelf, will ship wherever
22 Pat B ..................right hand, 45# to 55# (to 60#) @ 26", prefer off hand or floppy rest, can ship within us only  GOOD
23 Almostpighunter..45#-60# @ 28"-29" (29" preferred), off hand or right-handed rest   GOOD
24 hillbilly61 ............45-50 @ 26 right hand. Selfbow of the hand or floppy. Otherwise a shelf
25 hammertime ...... I'm lefty 55# or greater @ 26" draw
26 Dvshunter............Right handed, shelf or no shelf, I'll shoot anything but 40-80 is best
27 Parnell ...............right handed, either way on a shelf, 28" 55# give or take GOOD
28 wildKatt..............
29 tetaxidermy.......... right handed 40-60lbs @ 27'' would prefer US only shipping, arrow rest doesn't matter  GOOD
30 Michael C. ....draw length - 28 inches, weight range - 55-65 right handed, no rest preffered  but whatever your used to

This is the updated list, let me know if something is wrong and I will fix it. Also I put a GOOD at the end of your info if I have your address If there is not a GOOD after your info I need your address PM to me.

I think we have had a good amount of motions we  end this on the 4th of July So unless anyone objects to that, 4th of July it is. I also agree we shut down the sign up for this at the end of this month, I dont know how much longer I can do this  ;D

If anyone sees any thing that needs fixed let me know. Also when you PM me you shipping address PLEASE do it like this so I dont have to go look and find your number and write your name, I can just copy and paste

#13 Elktracker    Josh shmoe
                        1122 Yew st west
                        Tillamook Or 97141

Thanks Josh
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 06:05:57 pm by Elktracker »
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline John K

« Reply #84 on: February 15, 2011, 04:36:55 pm »
Your doing great Josh !

Thanks !
The only way to fail is to never start !

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #85 on: February 15, 2011, 04:45:06 pm »
Thank you list has been modifyd up to here, let me know if I missed anything thanks

Josh
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 04:59:30 pm by Elktracker »
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #86 on: February 15, 2011, 05:40:17 pm »
I talked to Marie(Calendergirl) about pulling names out of the hat and she said sure. So now everyone's build will be a secret until the end.  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Michael C.

« Reply #87 on: February 15, 2011, 05:41:13 pm »
Well I'm in

Michael C.

draw length - 28 inches
weight range - 55-65
right handed
no rest or rest whatever you're used to making
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 05:51:28 pm by Michael C. »
"Friendship makes prosperity more shining and lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it."

Cicero

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #88 on: February 15, 2011, 05:47:13 pm »
This is going to be fun!!!!!  I know what I'm doing tomorrow, splitting some osage.  Might as well get started.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #89 on: February 15, 2011, 05:48:50 pm »
Michael C yes its still open post your info and send me your mailing info via PM

Pat b what do you think about the dates mentioned for the end sign up and dates to have bows ready by? Also when you said it will be a secret till the end, what did you mean by that? sorry im a bit slow ;D