Author Topic: Primitive Archer Bow Trade  (Read 70155 times)

Offline NTD

Re: Primitive Archer Bow Trade
« Reply #195 on: February 21, 2011, 02:22:51 am »
Cam,

I'm not sure about paleoplanet, didn't know they have a swap, but Trad Gang has 84 or 85 guys in this years swap.
Nate Danforth

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #196 on: February 21, 2011, 02:36:23 am »
Ya Nate, that must be what I was thinking of :) Someone mentioned another swap earlier in this thread (probably you), but I didn't want to sift through 13 pages to find the reference.  Is the Trad Gang swap wood-only, or do they "cheat" with that other material that we won't speak of?  ;)

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
« Reply #197 on: February 21, 2011, 02:39:04 am »
im sure it is better, because im involved, the chance of me makeing a bow for you will draw many people ;D( and i'm really modest too)
but seriously, this will be epic

Yes, a 100+ lb bow is very modest for a 16 year old!

You might want to work up to that with a few lighter bows. Er what?  ;)  ;D
im ahead of you on that, ive already worked up to there, i'm really not trying to brag, but to be able to pull 100+ at 32 only took me a week, i guess i am just blessed ;D, im actually working on another 100+ right now
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

Offline NTD

« Reply #198 on: February 21, 2011, 02:40:10 am »
I think both Pat and I mentioned it, we are both in on it ;)

It's anything without wheels so yeah that includes that which must not be named.  I'm not really an FG guy but some of the guys on there do some incredible work.  I suppose it'd be nice to have an FG around for when drunk newbies who are prone to overdrawing a bow want to shoot I can hand them an FG ;D
Nate Danforth

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #199 on: February 21, 2011, 02:45:51 am »
1 JustinNC .................right hand,  29" draw, 45# or higher  GOOD
2 half eye ..................right hand 27" draw, 45# to 55#, off the hand, us shipping only  GOOD
3 cammadore ............ right hand, 28 to 30" draw 30" preffered, 40# to 50# off the hand or with rest GOOD
4 Bevan R. ................ right hand 27" draw 50# or lower, with shelf, can ship world wide GOOD
5 osage outlaw ..........Right handed, 55-60# @ 26"Prefer a shelf or some kind of a rest   GOOD
6 jonathan creason..... lefty, 28", 50# and up, no preference on shelf or not   GOOD
7 Matt S. ...................right hand, 28" draw preffered but can be from 25" to 32" if design calls for that, 30# to 60# GOOD
8 Lee Slikkers ............right hand, 27 to 28" draw, 45# to 55# GOOD
9 tattoo dave .............left or right hand, 27" to 28" draw  GOOD
10 jackcrafty .............right hand, 26" to 28" draw, 50#  GOOD
11 Cameroo ..............left hand, 28" draw. 50# to 60# prefered, Will ship anywhere in North America  GOOD
12 sailordad ..............RIGHT hand, 28" draw, 45# to 55# with or without shelf   GOOD
13 Elktracker ........right hand, 24" to 28" draw, 45# to 65# prefer 55#, shoot off hand but will take whatever, only ship in the us  GOOD
14 ken75............right handed 28 inch draw any weight, shelf or not dont care....surprise me   GOOD
15 sa .......................left hand, 26" to 27" draw, off the hand, 40# to 60#   GOOD
16 John K .................right hand, 26" draw or longer, 30# and higher GOOD  
17 JW Halverson........right hand, 26" draw, 50# to 60# (No Yew please wrong climate)   GOOD
18 NTD ....................right hand, 28" draw, 50# to 55# "willing to ship to Oh Canada"    GOOD
19 Koan ...............right handed, 26", up to 55#...what ever style you like to make I would love to have   GOOD
20 Hickory Bill ..........right hand, 27" to 28" draw, 50# to 55#, floppy rest or small shelf, will ship us only preferably  GOOD
21 DELLis ................right hand, 26" draw, 55# to 75#, with or without shelf, will ship wherever   GOOD
22 Pat B ..................right hand, 45# to 55# (to 60#) @ 26", prefer off hand or floppy rest, can ship within us only  GOOD
23 Almostpighunter..45#-60# @ 28"-29" (29" preferred), off hand or right-handed rest   GOOD
24 hillbilly61 ............45-50 @ 26 right hand. Selfbow of the hand or floppy. Otherwise a shelf,   GOOD
25 hammertime ...... I'm lefty 55# or greater @ 26" draw   GOOD
26 Dvshunter............Right handed, shelf or no shelf, I'll shoot anything but 40-80 is best   GOOD
27 Parnell ...............right handed, either way on a shelf, 28" 55# give or take GOOD
28 wildKatt.............Draw 26'' to 30'', Weight  55# 65#,Right hand with or without shelf   GOOD
29 tetaxidermy.......... right handed 40-60lbs @ 27'' would prefer US only shipping, arrow rest doesn't matter  GOOD
30  Michael C. ....draw length - 28 inches, weight range - 55-65 right handed, no rest prefered   GOOD
31 fishfinder401..... rght hand, 32 draw and would prefer no rest and preferably 100+lbs or 50# and up   GOOD
32 jthompson1995...Right handed - 26-27" draw, no shelf/rest preference, 40-60 lbI would prefer not to ship internationally  GOOD
33 gstoneberg .......Right handed, 50-55lbs, 28" draw, prefer shelf but will shoot anything   GOOD
34 stringman .........Right-handed, 50-60# @ 29" draw, backed, plain, any wood, shelf or no doesn't matter    GOOD
35 wildman ........40#-60# right handed 28in     GOOD
36 Sidewinder ....Right handed  27"  50-60# right handed shelf or not does'nt matter. Anywhere in North America  GOOD
37 Mangeur de lard...45 - 50 lbs at 27'', right hand. Anything goes for the shelf/handle, style, will ship canada or us  GOOD
38 woodsrunner....28" up to 55# Right handed shelf or off the hand    GOOD
39 bcbull......r/h 50-65#@28
40 bareshaft12...... Draw 28 . pull 52 to 55 pounds    GOOD
41 bryan irwin.......right hand 29'' 50 t0 60#   GOOD
42 deerhunter97370....Right handed, 50+pounds, 26" draw, I'm willing to ship out of country     GOOD
43 Keenan......Right hand, 25" draw 50-60 lbs preferred,  US shipping only please   GOOD
44 Grunt......Right hand 28" draw 50# to 55# any arrow support US shipping  GOOD
45 bubby......45#to70# @29" draw, lefty but off the nuckle is good ether way, suprise me. U.S. shipping only    GOOD
46 Legionnaire..... right handed, shoot of the hand 45-80# at 29 draw. US shipping only please   GOOD
47 blacktail.....righthand-25" draw.....50 pound range is good...no shipping out of country  GOOD

This is the updated list, let me know if something is wrong or needs changed and I will fix it. Also I put a GOOD at the end of your info if I have your address. If there is not a GOOD after your info I need you to pm it to me please so the person makeing your bow can ship it to you.

Pat b announced:  Monday, February 28, 6:00pm will be the deadline to sign up for the bow trade. No one will be accepted after that time! Once all the names are in and all the info is correct the builder/reciepient will be pared up .Also July 4th, 2011 is the absolute last ship date!, You can ship your bow when you are satisfied it is finished and shot in well. We want to keep the reciepient suprizes good ones!, every bow shipped should be shootable on arival. A note enclosed with the bow you ship out will help you and your reciepient become more familiar with each other. Other pertainent info included should be the wood used, overall length(either n/n or t/t), draw weight and length. One of the main purposes of this trade is the personal reactions and knowledge we will all share and recieve and the friendships made and/or strengthened.Also, each bow sent out should be signed by the maker, to the reciepient and dated.   Some folks use "Sharpie" indelible pens for signing a bow. I prefer India ink. Be sure whatever you use is permanent and will not fade over time. Once the due date arrives and the names are all drawn and reciepients are sellected we will start a PA Trade Bow thread to follow the progress of the trade. Also please reffer to post #155 pg.11, #143 pg.10 if you havent read them yet.  

If anyone sees any thing that needs fixed with the list, let me know please. Also when you PM me your shipping address PLEASE do it like this so I dont have to go look and find your number and write your name, I can just copy and paste

#13 Elktracker    Josh shmoe
                        1122 Yew st west
                        Tillamook Or 97141

Thanks Josh

« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 03:43:15 pm by Elktracker »
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #200 on: February 21, 2011, 11:42:56 am »
Having 45 folks sign up for our first trade(in a long time) is pretty good. Wait until the new bows shart showing up. There will be half again as many that will want to sign up for next year.  ;D
 Cam, my 60" elm static recurve I've been updating is for the TG trade.  I'll be done with iot just in time to start the PA trade bow. Only one more week to go!  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline fishfinder401

« Reply #201 on: February 21, 2011, 01:43:32 pm »
Having 45 folks sign up for our first trade(in a long time) is pretty good. Wait until the new bows shart showing up. There will be half again as many that will want to sign up for next year.  ;D
 Cam, my 60" elm static recurve I've been updating is for the TG trade.  I'll be done with iot just in time to start the PA trade bow. Only one more week to go!  8)
so when will people start sending?

Offline NTD

« Reply #202 on: February 21, 2011, 01:53:35 pm »
Fish,

I've got to say you're making me nervous :-\ 

No need to rush the process.  We've got four months to build these and send them to their recipients.  Part of this is to make the best bow I can.  That'll take time ;) 

I'm looking forward to finding out who I'm building for ;D
Nate Danforth

Offline fishfinder401

« Reply #203 on: February 21, 2011, 02:00:23 pm »
Fish,

I've got to say you're making me nervous :-\ 

No need to rush the process.  We've got four months to build these and send them to their recipients.  Part of this is to make the best bow I can.  That'll take time ;) 

I'm looking forward to finding out who I'm building for ;D
sorry if i am makeing you nervous, i have never done this before, and didn't know if most people send within a month or what, i just didn't want to be last to send out.

Offline NTD

« Reply #204 on: February 21, 2011, 02:01:50 pm »
No worries about being the last.  Just take your time and when it's done send it out ;) 
Nate Danforth

Offline Keenan

« Reply #205 on: February 21, 2011, 02:27:37 pm »
  Pat is right, Just watching the progress of the "other" bow trade going on is very exciting, as well as informative.  ;)I know they will be some people kicking themself for sitting on the fence and not jumping in. ;D ;D I know there are some great bowyers out there reading this and pondering,,,,,,,,,Guilt ::) Guilt ::)  >:D  and some others thinking maybe they aren't good enough,,,To that I say get over it and get your feet wet. :o :o You will learn way more by participation then just watching. ;D

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #206 on: February 21, 2011, 02:49:27 pm »
Fish, it will be next Monday at 6pm before the deadline to sign up. Probably another day or two to get the names chosen and paired up so you have a lot of time to wait before you will even know whom you are building for. You might take this time to ready yourself by selecting a well seasoned stave that will make a good bow. Start thinking about what that stave might need to become a bow and when the time gets here you will be a step ahead of the game. Until then, please be patient! That is one of the best bow building tools you can possess so if you don't have any now, that is something else you can work on between now and next week!  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline fishfinder401

« Reply #207 on: February 21, 2011, 02:57:43 pm »
Fish, it will be next Monday at 6pm before the deadline to sign up. Probably another day or two to get the names chosen and paired up so you have a lot of time to wait before you will even know whom you are building for. You might take this time to ready yourself by selecting a well seasoned stave that will make a good bow. Start thinking about what that stave might need to become a bow and when the time gets here you will be a step ahead of the game. Until then, please be patient! That is one of the best bow building tools you can possess so if you don't have any now, that is something else you can work on between now and next week!  ;)
don't worry i have patience, i just don"t want to be the last person to finish if i can, i was just wondering, if i have a large tree( 1-2ft across, either black locust or black cherry) that has been fallen for a few years, is that usable if the wood is fine, or do i need to let it sit longer off the ground, and if so, how long,( so far i have mostly had the pleasure of using pre seasoned staves)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #208 on: February 21, 2011, 03:04:47 pm »
Locust laying on the ground shouldn't be a problem but it will still be wet inside from the ground moisture. The cherry will be rotten or at least enough it won't be suitable for bows.  You should still give the locust a year to cure out well.
  Being last shouldn't be a problem. I was one of the last last year on the TradGang trade. It took me from January to the end of June to get it done. My main excuse was I was down for 3 months during that time with a bad back and couldn't over work myself. 

Offline LEGIONNAIRE

« Reply #209 on: February 21, 2011, 03:16:31 pm »
What the heck. Didnt want to get invovlved because Ive got lots of work going on, but 4 months is a long time so what da heck, Ive got in mind what ill make so might aswell :D

Cesar (Legionnaire) Im right handed, shoot of the hand 45-80# at 29 draw. US shipping only please.
CESAR

LEGIONNAIRE ARCHERY