Author Topic: Handheld Slingshot Trebuchet  (Read 1890 times)

Offline JoergS

• The Slingshot Channel Blog
Handheld Slingshot Trebuchet
« on: February 20, 2011, 05:40:00 pm »
After the winch operated cannon and the "Ballista" slingshot, The Slingshot Channel continues to combine medieval siege engine technology with modern rubber. This time, a long throwing arm is powered by a lot of pre-tensed rubber. The weapon is cocked much like a break barrel air rifle, and then a 20 mm steel ball is put on the "spoon" shaped end of the lever, held in place by a neodyme magnet.

The trigger works much like on a crossbow or firearm.

The video includes impressive super slow motions of the shot, recorded at 1200 fps with the Casio EX-F1 Pro camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9CmyIn8ffI
"The Slingshot Channel"

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
Re: Handheld Slingshot Trebuchet
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 06:09:26 pm »
Nice i like  this it will make  a great toy to play with lol I made the slingbow bunt don't have the rubbers yet to shoot it :(
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline aero86

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 07:00:09 pm »
thats pretty cool!  i like his slingshot rifle with scope!  thats just awesome!
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline Michael C.

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 05:49:50 pm »
Yeah, I new this guys videos would make it on here at some point. If you watch to many of his videos your going to start saving all of the "Y" shaped things you can find and hooking rubber bands to them :)
"Friendship makes prosperity more shining and lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it."

Cicero