Author Topic: Insulted by a Anime Fanatic......  (Read 2678 times)

Offline Bushman452

Insulted by a Anime Fanatic......
« on: February 14, 2011, 11:18:39 am »
It was all because I was reading American comics that a Japanophile verbaly attacked me by calling me a racist just because I like the American stuff a lot more than Japanimation. I didn't let it bother me though because he was just a punk 13 year old who's not that tough and can easily be clobbered if he even dares take me in a fight.
Rabbit eating, deer killing barbaric savage of the Commonwealth.

Cacatch

Re: Insulted by a Anime Fanatic......
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 12:03:03 pm »
Yeah, young children in school these days are being taught to always be on the watch for racism, to always be looking for it and to not hesitate to call anything that has to do with cultural or geographical diferences "racism".  You don't need to hold it against the poor kid that insulted you - he was just doing what his teachers tell him to do. He is confused and being lead down the wrong path.

CP

Offline Bushman452

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 12:04:45 pm »
Yeah, young children in school these days are being taught to always be on the watch for racism, to always be looking for it and to not hesitate to call anything that has to do with cultural or geographical diferences "racism".  You don't need to hold it against the poor kid that insulted you - he was just doing what his teachers tell him to do. He is confused and being lead down the wrong path.

CP
Well said.

Offline Parnell

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 01:02:03 pm »
Wow!
Exactly how do you make the leap to blame something as silly as what this child is thinking the fault of teachers at school?
Last time I checked Japanese anime wasn't part of school curriculum.
Honestly, how is the role of parents in a situation like this being left unconsidered.  This is a topic to be taught by capable parents not school faculty.
I teach high school science. 
I'm curious to know if you think it is the role of public servants like teachers to even get into the discussion of what racism is and how it should be defined.  I personally don't know any of my co-workers that become involved in teaching about what defines such a thing.  They aren't so foolish as to have their hat handed to them over something so sensitive.  The issue of bullying over "cultural or geographical" differences is maybe what your associating this with?
Expressing personal opinions in teaching is one of the fastest ways to lose your job. 

Curious, did you ask this child why he said what he did, did he mean it or was he just trying to "get your goat" the way that nearly all thirteen year old kids do?  Did you seriously consider this kid was going to try and physically attack you?  I can't possibly imagine getting into a fight with a child over comic books.

1’—>1’

Cacatch

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 01:14:27 pm »
I said what I said because I have heard it and seen it. I'm not saying that it's the teacher's role or that they directly come out and tell the kids to be on the watch for racism. But the word "racism" and "racist" was not started in the home nor did anyone hear it for the first time from their mom or dad.

Case-in-point Parnell, you are a teacher correct? And look at how fired up you just got when seing the mention of the word "racism". This is because school environments are very sensitive to race and teaching children acceptance of all people as equal. Hence, for most kids, their first knowledge of race "issues" come in school. It's really pretty simple and it's a fact. And it's all I'm saying so you don't need to read into what I said and start talking about curriculums, faults, roles, parents, bullying or anything else. Had nothing to do with what I said.

CP

Offline Parnell

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 01:24:03 pm »
I'm not fired up at the word racism, Cacatch.  I'm curious as to how such a broad political topic can be dumped in the lap of teachers, for fault.

That is what you did.
1’—>1’

Cacatch

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 01:37:38 pm »
Well, if that is your perception, then that is your perception. I don't get on here to argue and political topics are off limits so I will not follow you into this.

CP

Offline Bushman452

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2011, 01:42:39 pm »
Well, if that is your perception, then that is your perception. I don't get on here to argue and political topics are off limits so I will not follow you into this.

CP
This isn't a political comment it had something to do with comic books.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2011, 01:49:00 pm »
OK guys Chill. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Cacatch

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2011, 01:52:59 pm »
OK guys Chill. ;) :)
   Pappy

Indeed. I'm more concerned about how long to leave my white ash stave for an eastern woodlands design  ;D    Hmmm...62" or 67" ??   So many choices!

CP
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 02:01:29 pm by Cacatch »

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2011, 01:57:20 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D that's the sprit. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

JustinNC

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2011, 02:02:28 pm »
I'm extremely confused by this thread. A bunch of argueing over racism on a forum dedicated to mostly white males trying to act like some sort of brown skin.  ;D

To the OP....seems a little over the top to judge you like that about being racist.

My disclaimer.....white, redneck male, trying to make indian bows, arrows, points....ex racist, lover of all kinds now...married to a "white" black woman that is often times ashamed by actions of other members of her race, and hates the NAACP....that is a teacher and in no way shape or for tells her kids to be on the lookout for racism, because she's smart enough to know if you work hard enough and do well enough for yourself in work and life, race doesnt matter.  ;D Good day.

In spirit of the that's the spirt....Got a prime osage stave I want to work on, but can't bring myself to start whittlin' on it due to my lack of experience lol

Offline Parnell

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2011, 02:03:42 pm »
I'm in agreement on letting it drop.  Have a good day, guys.  8) :)

1’—>1’