Author Topic: Murray gaskins' videos  (Read 4583 times)

Offline rasputin

Murray gaskins' videos
« on: February 08, 2011, 12:49:32 am »
Anybody know how or from where I can order them? I'd like to get my hands on the Whitewood Bow one. I've emailed him, but I'm not
getting any response.
Plaquemine, La.

Offline Bevan R.

Re: Murray gaskins' videos
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 12:53:48 am »
I got a response several months ago when I emailed him about some hickory backing (used to get the BEST hickory from him!!) Said that he was just 'building up some stock' and would be getting back with me. Never heard from him again and have tried several additional emails. Really liked dealing with Murry and hope he is doing OK.
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 01:02:23 am »
Murry has a real job(engineer I think) that takes a lot of his time. As long as I've known of Murry Gaskin there have been times when he is hard to get in touch with. Have you checked 3Rivers to see if they offer Murry's video?
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 11:26:29 am »
Pat hit right on the head.  I am friends with Murray and passed along this post to him...here is his reply.

"Thank you for letting me know.If you will, please post and tell them to contact me again and I will give them an update on what all I have. I am redoing the website so it's hard to contact me unless they e-mail at murray@murraygaskins.com I always answer my mail.  I was busy with both elderly parents who lived at a long distance, they both passed away not long ago, one then the other.  I am still occupied with large work projects and still have plenty of wood and Bamboo in dry storage. I am shipping some this week, still have the videos too, have been selling them.
Thanks, Murray"

Hope this helps.

Regards,
~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold

Offline rasputin

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 01:00:50 pm »
Thanks for the reply, Lee. I'll try again.
Plaquemine, La.

Offline rasputin

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2011, 01:01:40 pm »
Thanks for the reply, Lee. I'll try again.
Plaquemine, La.

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2011, 01:13:24 pm »
Glad to help!
~ Lee

"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold

Offline ken75

• crepe myrtle is my "yella wood"
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2011, 03:10:10 pm »
i often wondered where he was , in one of my PA's from the 90's he was an editor i think . far as i know he is the only one close to me building bows.where you from lee

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2011, 05:08:53 pm »
Hey Ken, I am from Michigan but I've known him for years through Falconry (my other obsession  >:D)
~ Lee

— Aldo Leopold

Offline rasputin

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2011, 11:11:51 am »
Hey Ken, I am from Michigan but I've known him for years through Falconry (my other obsession  >:D)

I've wanted to do that since I was a kid. I took the falconers test and passed it on the first round, found a great falconer to apprentice under, and everything....... Unfortunately, the land that I was going to use to train the bird is now being developed.
Plaquemine, La.