Author Topic: Wade's First arrow  (Read 2710 times)

Offline Keenan

Wade's First arrow
« on: February 01, 2011, 11:56:21 pm »
 Here is Wade with his first (real) arrow that he made!  ;)

From Wade;  hi pa this is wade. here is the story of my first arrow ever made i saw a stick in the corner of the shop  i asked my dad if i could use it to make my first arrow! ;D so i took the arrow and made the nock.
i said it is the arrow i started 2 or 3 years ago so i thought i would finish up this nice looking arrow the nock is made by hand and the feathers are goose. ::) because  that was the only thing that was nice but i dident do differnt
colors feathers.  :o so i had do to the point so i would know that was the top. so when i finished my arrow i told my dad why was there sharpi marks on my arrow ??? and he said that used to be my meausuring stick for draw length i said oh but thats ok that is the story of making my first arrow ever ;D :o :D

Offline sailordad

Re: Wade's First arrow
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 12:49:23 am »
way cool little dude  8)
thats a fine looking arrow
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 01:02:48 am »
Very cool arrow Wade.  8)  I can see the family tallent was passed down.  It looks good near that beautiful basket quiver!  ::) 
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Michael C.

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 02:08:30 am »
That is super cool, every time I see an arrow with dark feathers like that I remember the first time I read "The Hobbit" when he shoots the black arrow that took down Smaug the dragon. Sweet work and keep it up.
"Friendship makes prosperity more shining and lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it."

Cicero

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 06:28:15 am »
Great job Wade,nothing like your first. Mighty fine work. You need to get back to TN. so you can ride me around on the Kabota some more. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline half eye

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 10:19:04 am »
Hey Wade,
      Sweet lookin arrow, really like the wind vain ya left on the one feather.....very cool.
rich

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 12:04:31 pm »
Nice arrow !  (Looks like you are on your way to being an arrowsmith). When are you gonna make a bow ? (Good Work ! !:)  '  Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2011, 12:08:19 pm »
 Very nice, looks a lot better than what I make, now.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline thomas h

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2011, 01:02:26 pm »
really nice arrow, could never tell it was his first. great job , good  teacher.

Offline Keenan

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2011, 05:42:11 pm »
Thomas, thank you for your reply  yes i have a really good teacher. I am going to work on my second arrow real soon.

Mullet,  thank you for your reply i am going to peecawk feathers and goose feathers on my next arrow.

Sparrow, thank you for your reply i am taking it bit by bit at a time yes i am working on becomeing an arrowsmith. i am working on a yew bow.

Half eye, thank you for your reply.

Pappy, thank you for your reply  yes i am going back to TN to go to the TN classics.

Michael C., thank you for your reply yes i will defintley keep up the good work.

Pat B, thank you for your reply yes the family tallent was passed down.  :o

Sailordad, thank you for your reply.

Offline LEGIONNAIRE

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2011, 11:01:01 pm »
nice  :)
very cool to see that, keep it up.
CESAR

LEGIONNAIRE ARCHERY

Offline Matt S.

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2011, 10:47:25 am »
Very good work, you deserve to be proud. My first arrows were fletched with duct tape or cloth stiffened by soaking it in glue. I'm sure your arrow flies MUCH better than my first arrows!

Offline Keenan

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2011, 12:35:01 am »
Matt s. , thank you for your reply yes i am very proud of my first arrow and it is very quit and flies nice.

Legionnaire, thank you for your reply yes i will keep it up i alrady finished my second arrow tonight.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2011, 03:19:03 pm »

Wade, that is slicker than snot on a door knob! :P ;D  Very good job.  ;)  8) Yeah, peacock feathers will perk that fletching right up.  But the goose feathers look really cool also.  8) I don't think you have any dragons left in your area any more.  Since the volcano's, went dormant, they have no place to get their minerals, and gasses to make their flame. ;)  But there used to be some there, check out the Indian lore on dragons. ;)  I'd hate to have to quarter one up, and drag it home.   It is pain enough with an elk! ;D  Of course depending on how big it was, the scales would make a neat medieval shield. Not to mention a cool sled for those snowy hills!  Plus I don't think you would have to worry about some four legged critter sneaking and taking a share, while you were busy hauling out the first quarter...... ;D Keep it up, and soon, you will be shipping them out, and waiting by the mail box for those checks. ;)  Probably from Mullet, he hates making arrows. ;D  You need to get with Emory, and start making Obsidian arrow heads, to go with those arrows.  Keep at it Buddy, I am getting inspired to start making my own now.  ;)

Wayne