Author Topic: Our dog Scooter.  (Read 6527 times)

Offline Parnell

Re: Our dog Scooter.
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2011, 10:52:59 am »
Great pictures Pat.  Thanks for posting.  Scooter had the same thing with a Rottweiler named Brandy.  We called her the Furry Mom.  She did a good job teaching her the ropes.  Lot's of good dogs out there that need a home...
1’—>1’

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Our dog Scooter.
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2011, 12:14:08 pm »
Cameroo, We always had labs. Sister was the first non-lab for us. Labs take 2 years usually to grow up.  Sister was a great teacher. When Lucy was a little pup, anytime a vehicle came up the driveway Sister would chase Lucy up on ther porch. Even now when a vehicle comes up the driveway, Lucy gets on the porch.Sissy was a way better teacher than we were!  ::)
  I wish I could find the pic I was looking for. It was Sister sitting next to Lucy when Lucy was about the same age as your Choc lab. It is almost the same exact pic as you posted.
  We are fortunate that none of our dogs have ever been in a fenced area or on a lead except to go to the vet. They have a few hundred acres to play on and the closest traffic is over two miles away. The funny thing is that all of out dogs have waited until either myself or my wife got home to take them for a walk. They never found a reason to stray. That alone makes for a well behaved pet.
  We got Lucy from Chris Cade(Mechslasher). She was the last of the litter and after a hunting weekend with Chris, Lucy came home with me. She is from championship stock(English Lab I think) and most of her training was bread into her. She is the only dog we ever bought. The rest were either pound dogs or dogs from friends.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC