Author Topic: woodland archery / rudder bows  (Read 54192 times)

Offline jeffhalfrack

Re: woodland archery / rudder bows
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2011, 12:16:02 pm »
  Doug  don't  feel  bad, you  were  honest,  there are  young  guys  here that  need  to  spend  wisely,  I have  dealt with these  guys before!  I think  that  the competition  appeared  over night!  and took rudder bows by  suprise!  this  will get back  to  him  he  will  change his  ways  and I  hope  he  gets  back on  top of  the  game!!!   honestly  Jim  his  son  Justin, and Sam harper are the  reasons  I'm here!  and  I'll  bet  that  any  regular on this site  could  name 20  guys that could open a  business and  be just  as  successful in  a  month!!!  the  word  will  get  back!!  humble  pie  is  tough to  swallow!  I wish for  the  best, and I thank everyone for  helping with  my hobby  there is  no place like this      best of  luck  Jim  B     JEFFW

brian melton

« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2011, 02:24:56 pm »
1776J,

Birthday?? 4/29/69 not sure what you are refering to , but thanks! ;D Seems Jim did not treat you fairly from your comments... :-\

Offline 1776J

« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2011, 03:15:07 pm »
1776J,

Birthday?? 4/29/69 not sure what you are refering to , but thanks! ;D Seems Jim did not treat you fairly from your comments... :-\

Haha,....oops....wrong guy!!  :o :o  hahaha.....
I was thinking of another person when I went to get their email address,....

Long evening with our newborn!!!....haha

Well,... what the heck happy birthday!  hahaha

brian melton

« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2011, 03:34:22 pm »
Man I remember those days, good luck, congratulations..... :D

Offline rudderbows

• Rudderbows Archery
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2011, 05:51:31 pm »
DOUGLASB

THANK YOU FOR YOUR LAST POST  STATING THAT YOUR INTENT WASN’T TO BASH ANYONE .  WE APPRECIATE YOUR KIND WORDS.

HERE IS THE PERSPECTIVE THAT WE HAVE ON THIS MATTER.
1: YOU ORDERED A PARTS KIT FOR A PENOBSCOTT BOW FROM OUR DEALER

2: WE SENT YOU THAT PARTS KIT.  PLEASE BEAR IN MIND NO 2 PIECES OF WOOD EVER LOOK THE SAME.  HENCE WE SENT YOU EXACLTY WHAT WAS ORDERED .

3: ACCORDING TO YOUR  EMAILS  TO US, YOU INDICATED YOU WERE TILLERING THE BOW STAVE FROM  THE BACK SIDE.  WHY DID YOU START CARVING ON THE BOW IF YOU THOUGHT YOU HAD THE WRONG PRODUCT?

4: WE EMAILED YOU BACK THREE  TIMES WITH THE PROPER INSTRUCTIONS , HOWEVER, OBVIOULSY OUR EMAILS WENT  INTO  YOUR SPAM FOLDER AND YOU DID NOT RECEIVED THEM.  ALSO WE DID NOT RECEIVE A PHONE CALL FROM YOU EVEN THOUGH OUR BUSINESS CARD WAS IN THE PACKAGE.

5:  IN THE NAME OF GOOD WILL, I AM WILLING TO SEND YOU ANOTHER  PENOBSCOTT KIT   AT NO CHARGE  . PLEASE DO CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER FOR EMAILS AND CALL US IF YOU NEED HELP WITH THIS PROJECT.

RUDDERBOWS DOES MAKE VERY GOOD PRODUCTS AND WE STRIVE TO DO OUR VERY BEST IN ALL ASPECTS OF BUSINESS.  WE PROVIDE GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE AND SUPPORT, BUT CANNOT DO THIS IF THE CUSTOMER CANNOT  COMMUNICTAE WITH US.

MR. DOUGLASB, PLEASE GIVE US A CALL WITH YOUR ADDRESS AND WE WILL SHIP YOU OUT A NEW KIT.

Offline adb

« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2011, 07:42:21 pm »
What about everyone else, Jim? Are you willing to address all concerns, and make things right?

Offline HickoryBill

« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2011, 07:54:21 pm »
I've only dealt with Rudderbows one time. I ordered a linen( snakeskin print) backing. Seemed to have good service. It's just located to far away,took forever to get to me. Buts that's not his fault.I used to deal with Bowstick archery, until it was sold. Now it has really bad service. My experience with Jim was good.Sorry to hear so many people had a bad experience!  :-[ :-[    My advice: learn from it and move on. Collect your own bow building materials. It's cheaper,more rewarding and, more fun!!! ;) ;)
"He who hesitates usually misses"
"All you really need to make a bow and arrow are some sticks and a deer carcass"
Bill Stockdill
Clarion County Pennsylvania

Offline douglasb

« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2011, 08:20:51 pm »
hi guys,
               well how about that ? iam gona call jim at rudderbows and see if he really does send me out another kit. iam going to keep you guys posted to let you know how this thing finally turns out.
again its not about name callin or bashin but doin the right thing .
steven douglas

Offline douglasb

« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2011, 09:02:10 pm »
hi guys ,
                 GUESS WHAT,  just got off the phone with rudder bows , THEY ARE SHIPPING OUT A NEW BOW KIT TUESDAY, wow i cant believe it. it seems that  i wasnt getting a response from them because of some kind of e-mail filter. if your thinking about ordering a bow or bow kit from woodland archery don"t . you can call  rudder bows direct the phone number is on thier web site. i just had a very pleasant conversation with jim boswells wife and she urged me to call anytime with questions or concerns on the construction of any of their kits.

Offline NTProf

« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2011, 10:40:29 pm »
I have only bought one item from Rudderbows, but it came in the mail very quickly, was exactly what I ordered, in perfect shape, no complaints. That is my only experience.

Offline wvarcher

« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2011, 11:36:14 pm »
Wow!  I have been a customer of Rudderbows for 4 years now.  Never once have i been wronged or lied to by Jim.  Jim and his wife are very nice people.  It was Jim who first started making selfbows with a shelf cut for the arrow.  A lot of bowyers thought it couldn't be done.  Now, i see more and more bowyers making selfbows with an arrow shelf.  Thanks ,Jim for all the help over the years and everything you've sent me!

Offline Silent Bear

« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2011, 12:08:10 am »
I purchased some bodkins for a warbow from Jim at Rudderbows and never had a problem, he answered my questions promptly through email and was a pleasure to do business with.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2011, 12:09:13 am »
People have been cutting shelves in wood bows for at least 50 years and probably longer. My first bows 25 years ago had cut in  shelves in them.  ???
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline NTD

« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2011, 12:18:27 am »
People have been cutting shelves in wood bows for at least 50 years and probably longer. My first bows 25 years ago had cut in  shelves in them.  ???

ROFLMAO You must be mistaken Pat.  It was actually I that created the cut in shelf on self bows, but the concept was stolen from me before I could market the idea.
Nate Danforth

Offline sailordad

« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2011, 12:29:40 am »
yup and Al Gore and I created the internet and global warming  ;D

i have seen many old self bows with cut in shelfs(POPE AND YOUNG ARCHERY MUSEUM)
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd