Main Discussion Area > Arrows

Fishing arrows

<< < (3/3)

Dustybaer:
steveo, i wanted to show your arrow to my friends in germany, so i copied your pictures.  i hope you don't mind.  if you do, i'll remove them immediately.

SteveO:
 That's what they are for, Dustybaer, so share with anyone you like.

That head is just a 30-06 case cut off at the shoulder with a hole drilled through the primer channel big  enough to insert a large nail through the hole. The nail head stops it from going all the way through. The point of the nail can then be flattened a little so you can cut a slot in it lengthwise near the tip for insertion of the point. I have a wire welder which I use to weld the point to the nail but solder would maybe hold if you don't shoot the bottom too much. After the point is welded, I solder the nail head to the case, since the welding can get the whole nail hot enough to loosen solder if you don't cool it off periodically. I just find it easier to do that step last.

Steve

Justin Snyder:
Those are some pretty cool points guys.  I guess you can tell why traditional bowhunters have always been survivors.  They will always come up with ideas and make the tools to survive.  Justin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version