Author Topic: alibates  (Read 1807 times)

Offline Tower

alibates
« on: February 21, 2011, 09:45:10 am »
I'm taking the family to Paladuro Canyon for spring break. I was wondering if any body knows of a place where a body can get some Alibates while I'm up there?
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
Re: alibates
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 02:43:10 pm »
I wish I knew.  Some of it is on state land and you can't pick it up.  Otherwise, there should be pockets of the stuff here and there on private land.  But getting someone to reveal their "stash" of alibates is almost impossible.  That stuff sells for a pretty penny.
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline Tower

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 09:54:25 am »
Yeah , thats kinda what I'm thinking. I still plan on stopping at the creeks & rivers.You never know what ya might find.
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 05:56:10 pm »
I've never looked around up there but have heard if you get into alibates country you'll see it pretty much all over. People have small boulders of it at the head of their driveways, or decorating their gardens - stuff like that. I would deffinantly be checking road cuts, outcrops, fields, creeks, etc...
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Tower

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 09:39:01 pm »
Thanks , that sounds like a plan.