Linked Events

• 14th Tennessee Classic: April 29, 2011 - May 01, 2011

Author Topic: 14TH Tennessee Classic  (Read 145510 times)

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: 14TH Tennessee Classic
« Reply #180 on: March 08, 2011, 07:26:31 am »
I just got an email from a guy from the Florida shoot,said he meet a guy named Ray and him and his wife were coming. Chuck bring the cut log and if yall will help we can set it up for sure.Chris said if he comes he is bringing a portable forge and do some work there on site .If the rain will hold off that would be cool. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline CHA-CHING

• Chuck
« Reply #181 on: March 08, 2011, 10:02:10 am »
Pappy, Ray and Sharon (fiddler ray) from Florida has been to the Classic for the last two years and park their Airstream next to me.. No problem bringing the Hawk Log (don't know what they call it) we'll still need the tripod to set it on. we can use those poles that weren't used to set up the tepee last year(ha ha). I'm just getting started throwing the Hawk and Knife but I'm sure there will be other folks that will enjoy a little compition. SO EVERYBODY BRING YOUR HAWKS AND KNIFES. Chuck
"All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #182 on: March 08, 2011, 10:07:19 am »
Any North Carolinians interested in car pooling and splitting gas? 
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline knightd

• www.primalneedarchery.com
« Reply #183 on: March 08, 2011, 11:28:21 am »
Do you mind riding DOG?  ;D    When can you leave?

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #184 on: March 08, 2011, 11:34:54 am »
Do you mind riding DOG?  ;D    When can you leave?

I don't mind riding in the truck if it means I don't have to handle gas on my own.  Need to talk to my wife and figure out what will work.  When are you planning on leaving?
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline knightd

• www.primalneedarchery.com
« Reply #185 on: March 08, 2011, 11:59:10 am »
Shoot me a email and we will work it out..

Offline Stiks-N-Strings

• life really is pretty damn simple, just live it!
« Reply #186 on: March 08, 2011, 07:23:50 pm »
Pat has been gouging me about coming, as long as I can get the time to come I'll be there for the first time. Looks like a great time and opportunity to meet some real good folk.

Stiks
learned a great deal many things during my absence the last few years,
True friends are rare and priceless.
You always think it won’t happen to you, well it can it will. Such is life, it ain't fair and shows no indifference. Enjoy it anyway

Offline BearG

« Reply #187 on: March 09, 2011, 12:13:49 pm »
anyone in the Cincinnati or surpounding area willing to go on April 23rd.  let me know.  I'm going reguardless of fuel cost but would be nice to have someone to help offset the cost. Seeing that Bro. Dan will be bringing his pop-up I will also have an open bed in my camper.  For my passanger.  should be high and dry unless another 100yr storm comes through.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline BearG

« Reply #188 on: March 09, 2011, 12:18:52 pm »
One more item of note.  Our camp tends to stay up later than most.  drink more than most.  and I try to get up early every day so if your up to that for a week let me know.  (it is possible to go to bed earlier than us if you can take the ribbing)

Offline CHA-CHING

• Chuck
« Reply #189 on: March 09, 2011, 01:42:30 pm »
David K. , I still can't stop laughing (Do you mind riding Dog?)
"All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #190 on: March 09, 2011, 02:02:43 pm »
Chuck ,I told the guy that is coming from Florida that I would get you to save him and his wife a place close to yall,he was worried about not knowing what to do,he is new at this,I let him know you knew the ropes around there.Hope you don't mind. :) :) Bear see ya in a week. ;) ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #191 on: March 09, 2011, 02:18:31 pm »
Cant wait

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #192 on: March 09, 2011, 06:03:22 pm »
Bear I most often arrive at Twin Oaks on Friday morning around 8 am.  First one there has to start the fire.  Last weekend I got all wrapped up on the Knapping Pit expansion I didn't start the fire and Pappy let me off with a wink and a grin.    This weekend I need to finish the gutter on that thing so I have to stop off at Lowes before hand so I may be a little later.  Can't wait to see ya there buddy.

John
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline TRACY

« Reply #193 on: March 09, 2011, 11:43:31 pm »
Jon, sounds like a good add on and I'm looking forward to checking out your handy work. Hopefully, I can get some more pointers from you on knapping this year

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #194 on: March 10, 2011, 06:46:08 pm »
I made this set especially to go on the raffle table at the classic. It is a locust Eastern Woodland style bow pulling about 40# with single side nocks and a rattan handle wrap, four hill cane self nocked arrows with Eastern Woodland style fletching, three of the arrows have target points and one has an obsidian point and a woodland style basket quiver with a braded sisal shoulder strap. The obsidian point is hafted with pitch glue and wrapped with sinew and the fletching are wrapped with sinew. All sinew wrappings are sealed with pitch varnish and the bow has a heat treated belly and is sealed with hand rubbed bear grease.
  Bring your bucks to the Classic and fill my jar!!!  ;)

Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC