Linked Events

• 14th Tennessee Classic: April 29, 2011 - May 01, 2011

Author Topic: 14TH Tennessee Classic  (Read 145530 times)

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
Re: 14TH Tennessee Classic
« Reply #120 on: February 19, 2011, 02:09:53 am »
I'd love to go too, but that's about 1800 miles from home.  Might have to plan a vacation down there one of these years.  It looks like a ton of fun.

Offline Mickey

« Reply #121 on: February 19, 2011, 02:33:11 pm »
I am going to pencil it in AGAIN for this year. Still need to get down and shake Pat B's hand and catch up with Pappy and a few others that remember me. Depends on the weather though, since I'll be motorycyling down, I'd like to request some dry weather this time around  ;) .... although my requests haven't seem to work out in the past.

This event seems to have "Cloverdale" luck when it comes to precipitation.

Cross your fingers

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #122 on: February 19, 2011, 04:48:55 pm »
I sure hope you can make it this year, Mickey. We've known each other too long to have not met!  ;)  Even though rain is a tradition at the Classic(14 years out of 14 years) I'll start my no-rain dance when we get close to time.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

HatchA

« Reply #123 on: February 19, 2011, 07:47:56 pm »
Flights alone for me are about €800 plus!  (that's at least a grand, in Yankee currency ;) )

So unless I get a relatively well paying job or win the lottery (might help if I actually played it though...), I doubt I'll make it this year as well :(

Looking forward to seeing the pic's though :)

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #124 on: February 19, 2011, 11:55:37 pm »
Too bad Hatch....would have been really nice to have met you in person....with the Price of Gas here...it's going to cost me about $525 for fuel...not counting supplies and .....Energy Drinks to stay awake for the Non-Stop Drive...or should I say Flight....the way I drive........ :o
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Timo

« Reply #125 on: February 19, 2011, 11:58:11 pm »
Pat, did you know that" the successfulness of a rain dance depends entirely upon perfect timing"? ;D

How you doing Lotz?

Offline CHA-CHING

• Chuck
« Reply #126 on: February 20, 2011, 09:14:05 pm »
Pappy, Twin Oaks, Tennessee Classic yup shore sounds good to me... (a lot of other folks too) I was thinking I'll probably get my 5yr pin this year. I remember my first Classic and was told that it can be addictive, I wonder if it was the excitement of building bows with a bunch of other Dudes and sometimes a Dudette, or was it the bull sessions around the fire pit, maybe it was watching some great Nappers creating some magic from a piece of stone, It could of been the music in the evening. singing, picking, and the harmonica duels. maybe all the food, ya that might do it. how about checking out all the vendors that's one of my favorate things, camping with some really neat folks, maybe. I think it was shooting the practice range thru the hills and the compition ranges, problem there is ya get caught up in the views. Heck I think it is all of thoes things, yea I think so.. 
"All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #127 on: February 20, 2011, 09:39:30 pm »
 Ahhhh,, looking good already. There is a few more Florida boys coming up for the first time. Cha-ching, looking forward to seeing you and Maw. Ya'll coming down for the Spring Shoot?
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #128 on: February 20, 2011, 10:04:27 pm »
Well, I hate to say it but I don't think I can make it again this year. I will be on my honey moon\wedding in April  ;D and the budget just turnt going to be there for me to fly any more.  :'(  BUT! Next year I am bringing my wife (Gayle) to meet all of ya!
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Mickey

« Reply #129 on: February 20, 2011, 11:39:38 pm »
Hey Timo..didn't get any deer reports from you this year..wassup wid dat? Almost called you the other day to make sure you were making it. heard Mo was having another bad winter storm.

Are you gonna make this event?

Offline Timo

« Reply #130 on: February 21, 2011, 01:12:32 am »
Sorry for no phone calls Mickey, I figured you were still touring the Alps or somewhere else?

Killed 3 does with osage, and one with my flinter.

Not sure yet on my getting down there yet, starting a new business soon and it may need my help about then. we will see.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #131 on: February 21, 2011, 08:33:51 am »
Great to hear from you Mickey/Chuck and all the others,It is getting that time of the year.We are already making plans,adding on to the napping pit for sure.I hope the weather will do right but not counting on it, Had 44 ton of more gravel hauled in Friday and will probably do more.That has helped some. ;) ;D ;D Tiller I will be looking forward to next year to meet you better half. :)
To the rest that can't make it this year,we will be thinking about yall and hope to get to meet you in person some day. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #132 on: February 21, 2011, 11:12:07 am »
To those that are riding with El D to the Classic you might want to check with Go Daddy and see if they offer insurance to shotgun riders!  :o :o  If he was driving my Dodge we could make it there in a day and a half!  Sure looking forward to meeting up with that rascal!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #133 on: February 21, 2011, 02:45:17 pm »
Hey Joe....how about I fly up there on Friday to your beautiful  country abode....and drive you and that sweet wife of yours to the Classic in that big diesel truck....we'stop by Midland and pick Patrick up....and still make the Classic by Monday afternoon..... >:D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #134 on: February 21, 2011, 02:58:42 pm »
What about restroom stops?  Just askin'...
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr