Author Topic: Arm Guard - A couple more on the go  (Read 8593 times)

Offline NTD

Re: Arm Guard
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2011, 11:02:49 pm »
Thanks again guys.

Nate, I can make you one, I'm just not sure how soon it will get done.  I'm about to start a big project - rebuilding my basement that was flooded last summer.  So I may be tied up for a while.  I've been putting it off far too long (just ask my girlfriend!!)

But that will give you lots of time to think about what you can trade for it :)

Sounds good Cam.  Just one question, is the rebuilt basement gonna be turned into a tricked out bow building shop? ;D
Nate Danforth

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2011, 11:29:34 pm »

Sounds good Cam.  Just one question, is the rebuilt basement gonna be turned into a tricked out bow building shop? ;D

That's the idea - one "bedroom" is anyway.  Need a workspace in the house for winter so I don't have to be outside when its -30.  But by the time I'm done, it will probably be summer anyway :)

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2011, 11:35:37 am »
Now that is sweet,very nice work. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
Arm Guard - A couple more on the go
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2011, 02:06:59 am »
Started working on a couple more.  Made another one that's almost a carbon copy of the first, and then started another one that's a bit different.  I'll post more pics when it's done, and maybe a bit of "how-to" if anyone is interested.

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
Re: Arm Guard - A couple more on the go
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2011, 09:15:01 pm »
Finished off the third one tonight.

Offline NTD

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2011, 09:19:39 pm »
Wow, Cam that last one is incredible!  Nice work on the coloring!
Nate Danforth

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2011, 10:34:25 pm »
 Cam, I love it. Those are nice!
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Keenan

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2011, 10:46:44 pm »
Outstanding Cam, You have a very good talent there. Your detail work is excellent and neat to see the creative variety. ;)

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2011, 11:58:42 pm »
Thanks guys, I appreciate it.  Keenan, I'm starting to get a little faster at making them, now that I have an idea how the leather responds to different punches.  I think I will have to invest in a few more stain colors though.  I bought a "Deluxe Leather Carving Kit" from Tandy a while ago, but a guy can only do so much with black, brown, orange and purple :) 

Offline coyote088

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2011, 07:55:10 am »
Started working on a couple more.  Made another one that's almost a carbon copy of the first, and then started another one that's a bit different.  I'll post more pics when it's done, and maybe a bit of "how-to" if anyone is interested.

Would be very interested in a bit of a "how to".
Your work is really beautiful.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2011, 12:50:35 am »

Very Nice! :o  Well now your Dad should be able to pick out one. ;D  Then Nate, can choose, and decide what he wants to trade for it. ;)  Those are really nice.  For those of you who are do it yourselfers, and don't have a Tandy handy,   You can use bridge spikes, and smaller nails, and cut off the points, and then shape the heads, with a file in the design you want, it you have a hand piece with some small wheels, and bits, you can make some really nice stuff, for very little money.  Those punches can start adding up in money.  I have some from when My brother got into leather work, when he was in High School.  A loooong time ago.
Still have the knife, that you put your thumb on top, in the U shaped top.  Cam, you can do the basement anytime, you have too many orders for arm guards to fill, besides tell your Girlfirend that the money you make on arm guards, will off set the cost for materials, and then you will be able to take her out to dinner more often....uh nah, never mind, that part, it could set a bad precedent.   ;D  Great job, and nice arm guards. ;)  Oh, if she asks what you are doing down there, just tell her you are trying to find out where that big snake went, or I guess in your case, that darn bat, or that really big hairy spider...... ::)

Wayne

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2011, 09:41:37 am »
Wayne. I like where your head is at ;)  But I want to get the "bedroom" (workshop!) done as bad as her.  The complaints about have "crap" on the kitchen table is getting old,  and random stuff keeps getting moved mid-project on me :)

Coyote, I'll try to put something together as soon as I have a bit of spare time