Author Topic: Fort Wayne IN  (Read 1992 times)

Offline kmshfa

Fort Wayne IN
« on: January 20, 2011, 11:48:33 pm »
Just wondering if there is anyone close to Fort Wayne IN.  I have been to quite a few bow shops in the area but have not found many people making their own bows.  I have completed my first build and would like to shoot and trade info with the like minded.  Oh...I shared early pics of tillering but have not got around to taking any more photos.  I think it is easier to build a bow than post pictures.  I keep getting them returned for being a file too large.  I built a selfbow out of hackberry.  It came in at around 68 pounds, @28.  I find I can shoot it much better than my recurve storebought @50#.  I think i'm sold on the longbow for life!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Fort Wayne IN
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 11:55:39 pm »
Welcome to PA. There are a few guys from your area that should sound off soon.
  If you are familiar with Photobucket that is the easiest way to post pics here and other sites. Photobucket resizes your pics to the right size.   So, when you figure out about the pics, we like old ones as well as new ones.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Sidewinder

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 11:35:43 am »
Welcome to the site. What were the dimensions of your hackberry bow.  length, fades, etc....? The reason I ask is the only thing the grows around here more than osage and walnut is Hackberry and I have thought about giving it a try sometime and am just curious.  Danny
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 12:07:46 pm »
I'm from the southeast corner of IN.  Not really close to Ft. Wayne.  Welcome to the site.  Great people and great info here.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 05:53:44 pm »
I live in Paulding ,Ohio.
work in Harlan ,In
If you want to get together Let me know!
Welcome to PA ( The most addictive substance known to man )
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Simple Hunter

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 05:57:47 pm »

Hi and welcome :) I  live on the south side of Indy and I have a relative that lives in Fort Wayne.Maybe we could meet some time.

Offline rkeltner

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 11:00:09 pm »
hi! i'm from west indy, and have fiddled with hackberry. one broke and the other is in process!---bob