Author Topic: Help with po9sting pictures  (Read 2038 times)

Offline macbow

Help with po9sting pictures
« on: January 20, 2011, 07:00:24 pm »
I tried to post a photo for the first time here on PA.
I started at Photo bucket. clicked on the IMG code and it said copied.

When I was back on PA and wanted to reply on a topic. I right clicked to paste the img info but paste is not hi lighted.
Any help for me?
Ron
Ron Mackenberg   Warsaw, MO.

Offline bubby

Re: Help with po9sting pictures
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 07:23:33 pm »
Ron, go to photobucket, check the pics ya want, scroll to bottom of page, click on choose action then generate link codes, window pops up, go down toimgbulliten boards & forums, click on full size. Took me forever to figure this out, hade the same problem as you, good luck, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline macbow

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 09:43:52 pm »
Thanks Bub, after many more attempts it worked used your method to get multiple pic's.
Ron

Offline macbow

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 09:49:30 pm »
Another thing that seems to be helping is patience, after clicking the img tag. If I just wait a while it has worked. If I just leave after it says copied, seldom will it paste when needed.
Ron

Offline sweeney3

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 11:22:36 am »
All that gobbldygook is why I still have yet to post a picture either on here or tradgange or stickbow.  I just haven't been able to figure it out or wanted to spend the time and irritation.  It's not like I've had much worth actually posting a picture of yet anyway.  When I do, I'll describe it and tell folks to ask for a snail mail copy if they want to see it.  I hate computers, even with their advantages.  Still hate em.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 11:49:49 am »
I use photobucket now but before I found out about it I figured if I re-set my camera to the lowest resolution setting the pics come out 640x480 which is perfect for loading directly from "my pictures" on the computer to PA. Won't work on the other sites though. Every digital camera has a resolution setting, even the cheap cameras. On my camera it a series of stars. 4 stars is the highest, 1 star the lowest resolution setting and the one I use.
  Once loaded into "my pictures" click on "Additional Options" just below and to the left on the reply screen. Click on that and the "browse" option comes up. Click that and it goes to "my pictures", "my computer" and other areas.  If your pics are 640x480 and 200kb or less the pics will load directly to PA. Once you get one pic loaded repeat the process in the same post by going to "more attachments", a new "browse" button will appear and repeat the process. You can put up to 6 pics with each post.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC