Author Topic: ELB for an English Lady  (Read 4486 times)

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
Re: ELB for an English Lady
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2011, 01:18:28 pm »
... The holes in the tips look great. 
That's just one hole, the other 2 are solid Silver rivets, they just line up as a nice 3 in row.
I'd not worked with silver before, I though it would be a classy contrast with the black WB horn.
I got the silver online, pretty cheap, 50mm lengths of 3 different diameters, only about £10 (that's  'idunno' in dollars ;))
The silver polishes up nicely, but I just couldn't get a shine on that hole ::).
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2011, 05:47:37 pm »
beautiful bow Del tiller looks very nice on it.  I really love the look of yew, I would like to try a piece one day... (hint, Hint...  :P )  Got your wonderful bow bookmarked for January BOM contest too.  :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2011, 06:22:54 pm »
beautiful bow Del tiller looks very nice on it.  I really love the look of yew, I would like to try a piece one day... (hint, Hint...  :P )  Got your wonderful bow bookmarked for January BOM contest too.  :)
Cheers, if ever you are over in the UK, I'll find a bit for you to play with ;D I'll sit and drink beer while I watch you working it too O:)
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2011, 06:26:28 pm »
 :)  LOL... might just do that (if I ever get over my fear of airplanes... never been on one and probably never will...)  I wonder if there's a boat ride I could take there?  ;D
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln