Author Topic: Turkish bow help  (Read 2745 times)

Offline LEGIONNAIRE

Turkish bow help
« on: January 16, 2011, 01:00:24 pm »
So Ive recently got some horn to make a composite bow. Id like a turkish composite bow yet I still need some detail on a few of the steps. Does anyone know of a link that has some good details? or rather the form so I can steam bend the wood. Thanks
CESAR

LEGIONNAIRE ARCHERY

Offline Kviljo

• Archaeologist, Antitheist
Re: Turkish bow help
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 01:09:28 pm »
Get Adam Karpowicz's book. It's all in there. :)

http://www.ottoman-turkish-bows.com/

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 01:56:00 pm »
How much does it cost for some horn? I've been wanting to order that book for a long time. A horn bow is definitely on the list of bows to make for 2011.
Rockford, MI

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 02:01:37 pm »
Adam Karpowicz's book has lots of excellent info. Lots of technical stuff but also lots of plain language and drawings and pics.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Barrage

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 04:16:39 pm »
I agree, get Adam's book.  It is extremely good.  It is well written with clear explanations and high quality color photos.  Definitely worth the money to get this book.
Travis

Offline CraigMBeckett

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 03:10:47 am »
tattoo dave ,

How much does it cost for some horn?

If you are thinking of making such a bow then this thread on paleoplanet will be of interest to you it lists the components and where the author obtained them.

http://paleoplanet69529.yuku.com/topic/41106/Turkish-Horn-Bow-Ingredients

Craig

Offline LEGIONNAIRE

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 03:44:19 am »
Wow grat links. Thanks for reccomending the book. Will have to take a look at that one. This project will take some time. Im in the research phase right now. I will read the section on horn bows on the tbb and will have to see what it says on these.
Dave: got the horns precut from some guy who was moving so I got a good deal on these. he had another pair which I did not take but I think he was willing to part with. Let me know if you like I can try to hook you two up if you need the horns.
CESAR

LEGIONNAIRE ARCHERY