Author Topic: Big Game with primitive equip  (Read 4977 times)

Offline bcbull

Re: Big Game with primitive equip
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2011, 11:35:31 am »
bucks  boy i agree but ill tell ya now if  ya wanna do that  forget them 400 gr arrow s learn to shoot  800 -1200 gr arrows and 200 gr boradheads  big  for big animals no way id shoot 400 gr arrows on anything smaller than a deer  brock

Offline bucksbuoy

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2011, 04:15:46 pm »
sounds like good advice to me brock. What is it like to shoot a big arrow like that? How does it perform?
Its only wood

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2011, 09:58:40 pm »
Bucksbouy, when I hit the lottery I'll send you the tickets.  I already have the guideservice that is pumped about primitive archery hunting on his leases.  My plan is to go over with just the arrows made up ahead of time and my bow making tools.  I'd like to spend time in a local village making the bow, shooting it in, then hunting with the locals with it!  Mmmmm, gemsbock backstraps over a bushfire, I can almost taste 'em.

BTW, his latest lease has close to 1200 adult gemsbock on it, he reserves it for archery only because there are dozens of set ups where shots average under 20 yds.  I bet I could hit a 400 lb antelope at that range!  Ok, if I were to pop a Valium or two first to take the edge off the shakes.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline bucksbuoy

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2011, 10:03:56 pm »
JW, Ill start playing the lottery too. That way we can double our chances!
Its only wood

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2011, 10:20:34 pm »
NT
If I can learn how to do pictures on here I will post some from friends for you!
I don't get to do much hunting myself .
They all use normal equipment , 45-60 Lb Osage flatbows and 125-140 grain flint tips on their arrows arrows .
By the way have you noticed how much archery is mentioned in the old testament its full of some good historical info!
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline NTProf

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2011, 11:41:13 pm »
Buckeye, thanks. Would love to see any pictures. And yes, archery is a common phenomenon in the OT, in both narrative and poetic texts.

Offline bcbull

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2011, 11:13:08 am »
bucks boy they preform butiful  i shoot insective  ya there is a lot more of a rainbow cuz of the weight but practice everyday i normaly shoot 50 or more shot s a day every day  i teach my brain to put the arrow where i want it   most of the shot s iv made are compleat pass thrus the buffalo was a compleat pass thru as well as all the black bears and moose caribou  elk iv put maybe 90 %  pass thrus  on elk moose bears none of my animals have went over 60- 75 yards 

up to elk sized   animals  i use a big wood s man or snuffer  the big boys i use the big heads on  im goin to  try takin a water buff  wth the same set up soon  brock

Offline NTProf

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2011, 12:46:13 pm »
bcbull, any pictures of your setup?