Author Topic: NE Washington NW Idaho bowyers  (Read 1630 times)

Offline Granite Mtn

NE Washington NW Idaho bowyers
« on: January 06, 2011, 05:20:20 pm »
I just moved into area.  Just wondering about clubs, shoots, and want to get a mojam type bowyers meet set up.  You can pm or post any info you have thanks.
Chris

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: NE Washington NW Idaho bowyers
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 05:37:50 pm »
I'm not from the area but I know there is a big knappin at Glass Butts, Oregon  in March with all sorts of primitive skills. Maybe one or the regulars to the event will have better info for you.
  Welcome to PA!    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Keenan

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 05:46:54 pm »
Welcome Granite,  I'll get you some info on the Glass butte knappin and our Central Oregon Rendezvous as well. the glass butte is about the last week of March and ours is mid May.  Looking forward to meeting you,  Keenan

Offline rileyconcrete

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 07:47:11 pm »
I am down here in southern Idaho.  Not a lot goes on here.  I go over to Glass Butte in March.  I would love for someone to set up a jam around these parts.

Oneeye may chime in, he has been at this longer than me and know way more about gatherings around this area.

Welcome to one of the best hunting states.

Tell
Tell Riley

Offline Granite Mtn

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 01:26:28 pm »
I just set up my shop in my three car garage.  Not ideal but will do till my bowshop gets built this summer.  Been cutting bow wood like mad can not wait to try ocean spray.   Have come down from Ak two years in a row for the Moses Lake shoot.  Such a good time!  Can't wait to meet more local bowyers and hunters.

Offline bcbull

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 02:44:52 pm »
tell   im movin  up there in a couple weeks  park vally  id like to meet with you guys  and help out  brock

Offline Granite Mtn

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 01:55:39 am »
When I get the bow shop built should be able to have at least 10-15 bowyers building at one time and room for more campers. I am on the look out for a better spot to camp several hundred acres of state land right next door.  would like to get something started I know their is great interest, my new neighbor has been trying to build a bow unsuccessfully for several years now he is just about to finnish his first no b.s. hunting bow out of osage.  I will post a picture if I get a chance this weekend.