Author Topic: New Leather Side Quiver  (Read 7887 times)

Offline 4est Trekker

New Leather Side Quiver
« on: December 31, 2010, 02:25:28 pm »
Hey, all.  I just finished up this side quiver from burgundy latigo.  The leather is finished with buffed beeswax and shows some range marks.  It is lined with sheepskin at the top and in the arrow bed.  I attached a tassel for cleaning arrow shafts while target shooting.  It easily holds twelve arrows with target points, six with broadheads.  The strap is adjustable.  Thanks for looking, and critique is always welcomed :)

"Walk softly, and carry a bent stick."

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, giving thanks to God the Father through him."  Col. 3:17

Offline cracker

Re: New Leather Side Quiver
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 02:28:45 pm »
Good lookin piece of work.
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 03:09:00 pm »
That's some real nice leather work.  Can I ask you how you got that thick leather to bend 90 degrees on the round edge of the bottom "cup" part that is riveted on?  Did you cut wedges out of the edge to remove extra material?  You did a real nice job, and the arrows look great too!

Making bow accessories is almost as enjoyable for me as making the bows themselves!

Offline Alpinbogen

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 03:14:22 pm »
Very nice work!  That basic Jack Bowers Chief quiver design is fantastic as well.  I like the strap you added at the rear opening.  I think that should give you more room to reinsert the fletching end over the Chief's design where the latigo pinches shut at the top.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 03:36:49 pm »
Very nicely done, 4est. I also like the way the strap attaches in the rear.  On mine I used a press fit wood plug with thick foam for the broadheads. It is removable for cleaning the crap that accumilates inside while wolking in the woods.  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2010, 07:24:57 pm »
Nice Quiver...I thought by the Looks of the Pictures...that those were Tacks...not Rivets...and that the Bottom was probably Leather covered Wood Plug...I may be wrong....
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2010, 08:19:45 pm »
Nice Quiver...I thought by the Looks of the Pictures...that those were Tacks...not Rivets...and that the Bottom was probably Leather covered Wood Plug...I may be wrong....

Now that you mention it, that probably would be a better and easier way to do it.  They do look like tacks.

Offline jeff halfrack

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2011, 11:13:41 am »
      I  DON'T  KNOW   4T???  if  you  need  that  field  tested  for  the  next  15  years  or  so  I  may  have a  full  report!   ;)     great  job!!!   JEFFW

Offline hillbilly61

• Fly straight and true
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2011, 08:57:21 am »
 :o WOW. Don't know what ealse could be said!!!
I will say of the Lord,"He is my refuge and my fortress;
  My God, in Him I will trust."  Psalm 91:2

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2011, 03:08:40 pm »
BEAUTIFUL!
Frank from Germany...

Offline Postman

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2011, 04:38:26 pm »
Stunning work! Great looking ammo, too.
"Leave the gun....Take the cannoli"